Basel v Arsenal (Champions League)

I’m sure if we loose with a weakened side he will be in the wenger thread calling him a clueless passed it old cunt again too

Ospina

Gabriel - Holding - Koscielny - Gibbs

Xhaka - Elneny

Walcott - Ramsey - Chamberlain

Sanchez/Perez

Just from reading this thread and Twitter, it’s pretty clear that Wenger can’t win.

When referring to Sanchez yesterday, Wenger said “When a guy is in a good success and good confidence, it is more dangerous to stop him than keep him going.” So that should give us a clue as to the team he is planning for tonight.

Ospina

Maitland-Niles Holding Koscielny Gibbs

Coq Elneny

Chambo Ozil Sanchez

Giroud

The sensible thing would be to rest Ozil and Sanchez. But what will happen is Arsene will likely field all of our attacking options. You just know Sanchez and Giroud are both starting even though that is just silly.

Going to be there along with over 100 official Swiss Arsenal fanclub members. So obviously I’m hoping to see a strong line-up. Xhaka and Elneny in central midfield would be a good choice and also nice to see for the Basel fans. Ospina and Gibbs to get some minutes as well.

COYG!

2 Likes

I think he’s just paranoid about doing anything that may annoy Sanchez in the lead up to contract extension time.

Most probably, because in the same presser Wenger was also talking about those contract extensions and he said that money wasn’t the only thing players wanted: “I believe, personally - maybe I am a bit naïve - that it’s more about getting to meet the players’ needs." Alexis, especially, “needs” to play all the time.

If it works out and Sanchez signs on for another 2 years then I suppose I’m all for it, I just think it’s all a tad unnecessary.

So Sanchez wants to play all the games 'cos he’s a great pro and all that, well I didn’t see him at Nottingham Forest away or vs Reading. I doubt Sanchez even knows what the League Cup is, he probably thought he was getting a week off to do his Christmas shopping or something.

He should’ve been told he’s staying home to rest up for Stoke and that’s final.

1 Like

He should have left Sanchez at home but he’s too weak to insist ! Need to play a reserve team here !

2 Likes

If Sanchez plays like he did against West Ham, Wenger could bring him off at half time, because we will be winning comfortably.

We weren’t winning comfortably at half time v West Ham though.

I think he’ll probably play at least 68 minutes.

1 Like

BT are showing tonights game for free on their freeview exclusive channel BT Sport Showcase. Channel 59.

No need for streams tonight then! :grinning:

2 Likes

Or you could just not be tight and pay for BT Sport :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Send stream please.
I don’t have a tv

Maybe someone will send you a plane ticket. :slight_smile:

I don’t have passport

What do you have?

1 Like

A laptop and his neighbour’s wi-fi. :wink:

I have wifi and a tablet.
I choose not to have a TV

Oh, and I do really have a passport, that’s why I’m off to Perth, WA for six weeks 30th Dec. 40° there, MOFO’s.

1 Like

Yeah, Got a tv with sky in the living room, Don’t remember the last time I watched anything on it though.

1 Like