Basel v Arsenal (Champions League)

Indeed, I have seen the screenshots of you openly weeping in MDC when he scored at the weekend.

4 Likes

Id send out a weak side but instruct it to give it a go.
Im not sure its as big match for Basel as we might think.
A few seasons back it might have been huge for them but theyve faded a bit now.

Elneny-Xhaka in the middle?

Calum definitely wants Ox facing the butchers which are stoke. Calum’s made his stance very clear he’d like to see Ox suffer some sort of injury so he can’t play for us anymore :flushed:

Nothing major. Small thing to keep him out for a few weeks so he loses his place :wink:

Ah well that makes it ok for you to root for an injury to our own player.

2 Likes

How is playing a “total reserve 11” not potentially throwing the game though? We’ll need more than a league cup team if we want to beat them.

Pretty sure the :wink: meant I wasn’t being serious.

People say stuff in the heat of the moment in MDC. He was awful in the first half constantly fucking up crosses and losing the ball with awful passes I obviously don’t wish any sort of injuries on our players :+1:

1 Like

Perhaps you might even bring yourself to enjoy it if he plays well :grinning:

So you admit you are the Scottish GFI? :sweat_smile:

:neutral_face: That was the first time I’ve ever said anything like that so no :+1:

Hahaha I dunno I think those outbursts happen a lot more than you’d like to admit.

2 Likes

We already blew topping the group so I really don’t care if we blow this game too. No way PSG fuck it up against ludogrets anyway.

2 Likes

Pretty pathetic how we got outplayed by PSG so thoroughly over two legs, tbh, look at them in France. Really should’ve been topping this group. Fluking into a semifinal run was my only hope to have a real positive about this season, but we will probably need to beat a team a lot better than PSG to do that, so I guess fluking into (something of) a title run given everything going wrong for City is a better hope.

1 Like

LĂ©elo de nuevo mein Freund :slight_smile: Estaba de acuerdo contigo

Anyway looks like I was wrong and Wenger’s going to be dumb enough to risk our more important players on the miniscule likelihood that PSG don’t win.

Even flying them out there and playing them for 45 minutes, only to learn PSG are 2 up at half time
still dumb. Leave them at home ffs.

People go on about ‘integrity’, like it means anything in this context and like we owe LudoRaz anything. We really don’t. What’s the point of having a squad then?

1 Like

Literally a nothing game in the grand scheme of things. Play a slightly weaker side and rest the key players, nothing wrong with that. The R16 is going to be tough whoever we face, the main thing is we are there unlike our unlucky neighbours.

1 Like

Looks like a majority of us here can take a level-headed approach that Wenger just isn’t capable of, as he plays the low percentages. Still, 30 years in management and all.

At the very least I hope to see Holding start.

Because I want the 11 we send out there to give it everything they have I just don’t want to risk any key players in what is effectively a meaningless match.

1 Like

PSG lost 3-0 didn’t they? Every chance they somehow don’t win again, and if that happens we have to be ready.

1 Like