Basel v Arsenal (Champions League)

Could easily be argued that the PSG thread shows the opposite because everyone was massively pissed off. In fact, I am arguing just that indeed. :slight_smile:

Oh so you’re just a yellow belly defeatist then… that cool too I guess.

What exactly makes me yellow bellied?

Castiel’s just making a late bid for some Troll of the Year votes, I see his game :cristo:

1 Like

I’d never troll shammy he’s my brother from a different region.

I’ve always been a massive advocate of playing a strong side regardless of the competition in the CL and topping the group. If people can’t see the importance in that then I genuinely don’t even understand why you’d watch football.

It’s literally the finest competition in the sport.

2 Likes

Yea I wasn’t feeling trolled. :thumbsup:

My first post here this evening was basically me saying how id got it wrong with my sentiment that the game didn’t really matter but I guess after years of scraping through it was a bit difficult to see the outcome that we ended up getting coming through. Im fucking chuffed now that its happened of course.

1 Like

Exactly, fuck you mysty bro.

If I was trolling Shamrock it would be something about how Westies are not only uglier than Scottish people but less polite too.

Sounds like some sort of drug euphemism.

I was surprised how easy the win in Switzerland was this morning as English sides have struggled at that venue in the past decade.

1 Like

Well everything worked out perfectly. We played a slightly weakened team but we put Basil to the sword and my only complaint is that Sanchez and Özil could have been taken off 10 mins earlier.

Tbh we deserved to top the group. We were beating PSG and they hardly troubled us at the emirates, they got lucky that Iwobi gifted them the own goal, Ospina was there to make the easy save. Just look at our gd in the group. We dominated that group and got slightly unlucky at home. Ludogrets getting a result doesn’t surprise me a bit they always looked dangerous in attack.

This thread was awesome though reading about how we should just throw the match, lmao :smiley:. Armchair managers at their very best!!

2 Likes

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn’t it ?

Was I wrong about anything you responded to? Infact let me anewer that. No I wasn’t.

Take a day off from being a hipster troll and be the old you for 5 minutes yeah? You might even enjoy it!

I thought we would win but never guessed PSG wouldn’t.
Great to beat Basel who are decent team comfortably.
I’m glad to see Wenger put out a fairly strong team and get the job done as well as Perez scoring a hat trick.
Let’s hope getting top place will give us the advantage by not getting one of the top clubs in the next round.

I was one who wasnt fussed about this one.
Really happy too be eating humble pie today.
Dont know what it means for europe but it can only be good for our next few league games.
Onwards and upwards.

When you top your CL group

10 Likes

^ Roy Keane triggered.

1 Like

Stop being so bloody negative you grumpy git! Make a cup of tea. Works wonders for the soul.

2 Likes

We were lucky with the matches against PSG. They should have been out of sight before the Alexis equaliser in the first fixture and also controlled us at the Emirates apart from a 15 minute burst after half time.

1 Like

Thanks to God, our manager is Arsène Wenger and not a member of WOB.

1 Like

FFS. Yesterday 6 players weren’t playing who usually play either because of rest or injury :laughing:.