Arsène Wenger

No one is contesting which is more valuable. The fact of the matter is, it is an official trophy, albeit a minor one. End of discussion really.

Fair enough.

No-one has contested that for the second. Literally everyone understands that it is an official honour.

I feel the point being made is that it’s laughable to talk about Wenger winning six charity shields as if it’s something we should praise him for.

Having said that, the discussion is dead and a bit boring as @PPB says. Some of you think it’s an honour worthy of praise or prestige, some of us don’t. I don’t see anyone from either side changing their mind. So each to their own :+1:

It was boring from the beginning.

6 Likes

It was referred to above as a game that didn’t matter. That was my only gripe really.

Well, yeah, it doesn’t matter really.

Definitely agree to disagree situation mate :joy_cat:

1 Like

You sir; are bloody correct! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Regression to the mean.

But we all figured that would happen.

Honestly, way past time to have seen the back of Ramsey and Ox. There’s simply no excuse from Wenger. Between that and the Flamini debacle his squad management over the last couple seasons is just unacceptable and terribly costly.

9 Likes

I have attended 1 CS game in my life and cant remember it at all its a nothing event .

1 Like

We don’t paint the CS around the skirting of the stands like we do other trophies we have won.

Thus making it not accountable.

3 Likes

Can you imagine rocking up to the Emirates for opening day of the season and in the summer they were after putting all the charity shield wins on the hoardings. Including the year we shared it. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

dont forget the emirates cups too , I have only attended 1 match in those too against psg and only cos a got a free box seat and had nothing to do that day

1 Like

So Basically the chances we are creating or lack of is very concerning compared to the other top sides.

Yeah I read a piece about this several weeks ago. Saying that in terms of chances created we were about eighth or ninth in the league but we’re doing much better than that in terms of goals scored, and that it is unlikely that we’d be able to sustain this, because teams rarely do.

With no return date for Santi I can’t see us suddenly starting to create more chances, so we had better keep on being efficient up top or things will get a bit ugly.

2 Likes

Release the Yaya !

2 Likes

Makes you wonder what formula Sky Sports was using in that other projection…

Ah nvm, I just looked at it, and talk about a shit formula:

[quote]Predictions for matches - and eventual league positions - are then made based on analysis of the relationship between the Premier Predictor rankings and match results in Premier League matches dating back to 1995.

Arsenal are currently favourites to win the Premier League, according to the Premier Predictor, ahead of Manchester City.

With just three points separating first from fifth in the current Premier League table, it’s also tight at the top of the Predictor standings.

But the Gunners’ stronger form last season gives them an edge in the algorithm - which takes into account Spurs’ struggle to cope with the pressure of last season’s title race, City’s limp to the end of Manuel Pellegrini’s reign, and Liverpool finishing outside the European places in eighth in 2015/16.[/quote]

Of course the one that predicts us first had to be shit.

:disappointed:

The only thing I want him released from, is his contract :ozil2:

4 Likes

I was just pointing out our attacking options,yaya’s pace languid stylee and deadly finishing could be an option . . . . . . . . . for Barnet !