Arsène Wenger

What Mourinho meant by that was ‘I’d love to break Wenger’s face but to be honest I’d probably back down like the little coward I am if he confronted me. The only way I’d honestly have the balls to attack him is if I snuck up from behind with a weapon.’

Youre right. Its more of a mark of a being a man and not a whiny little bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPxLGYvk3Xg

3 Likes

Great match to mark his 20 years at the club. He’d have throughly enjoyed that.

2 Likes

Fair play today Arsene I didn’t want Alexis playing CF but we looked super impressive and gave the Chavs a pasting.

1 Like

Phone goes in the press conference Arsene picks it up and says “its your wife!” :joy:

someone shouts “its Jose!” and Arsene picks it up again and says “hello”? :joy:

3 Likes

Scintillating performance today.

Pasting Chelsea is a great way to celebrate 20 years. Doubtful we see such a long tenure for a long time.

Now, let’s make sure that the team plays like this to give Jose the ass kicking he thoroughly deserves.

3 Likes

Credit where credit is due. Most of the talk is deservedly about our incisive attack but Wenger got the defensive tactics exactly right. Our pressing just smothered them and we did it intelligently and cohesively, which hasn’t always been the case in the past. None of our goals came directly from the high press (the first was more a simple turnover under pressure) but we created a bunch of promising situations off turnovers, we forced Courtois to just boot it down the field to us on many occasions, and we just never let them get into any rhythm in possession.

The three other best teams in the league right now all press high, try to win the ball back immediately, and hope to smother opponents. It’s good to see that we can play this way too against good opposition. And it’s good to see that Wenger is capable of coaching us to play this way.

4 Likes

Sometimes he is still capable of producing magic. Credit where it is due. We can also score more goals compared with last season and it is great. We used to be a great attacking team.

2 Likes

BT sports lads called it during the game so im just regurgitating here but he deserves credit for bringing on Gibbs yesterday to provide a bit more cover defensively when it looked like Chelsea were starting to get some joy on our left hand side.

3 Likes

Nothing new, isn’t it? That has been his default sub when we lead in the past :slight_smile:. To bring in either a full back or Flamini in the past years.

5 Likes

Fucks sake Wenger. I thought he’d lost it, but he had it all along which is infuriating.

I’ve still no idea what the fuck he was thinking these past 6 years or so with his signings, but we used to play like this every fucking week, then we didn’t, and it’s never really worked and what do you know, stick something out resembling a Wenger team and tell them to act like one and they do.

Sanchez up front for six weeks is a clear indicator that he wants big changes to how we were playing and yesterday you got a clear sense of what he was going for, it’s just a shame that it’s going to suffer when we inevitably see more of Chamberlain, Ramsey etc.

Ozil’s goal nearly brought a tear to my eye because it so easily could have been Pires and Henry breaking away.

What I think is key is it seemed like they were having fun playing like that. If they can keep that going then players will be happy and if they can see the increased work rate really paying off then they’ll probably do it more often.

15 Likes

he has the reach and could keep mourhino at bay with his jab . hed stop him with a tko in the 3rd

2 Likes

and?

Edit:

That top 4 record really is fantastic though. He get’s slated for it but 11 5th or lower finishes before to none in 20 years in a much stronger league is something to be proud of.

2 Likes

Just thought this thread had been a bit quite recently for some reason…

Edit: after this post I have decided to turn off auto correct on my phone

1 Like

What a post. :grin:

Without a doubt, but top four back in the day used to also be less of a achievement/thing. Now clubs spend, players better and run harder to make it to top four because of the implications reaching the Champions League has (money etc.). 20 years ago that was not the case.

1 Like

that is true tbf. Was their even a “top 4”? wasn’t it just the league winners who got into the CL at the time?

1 Like