Arsène Wenger

Didn’t even notice the ship said that hahaha

Superb.

I have one of his books, The Illustrated History of Football which is very good.

Big Wenga’s ultimate speech. Gonna miss him so much. What a man!

2 Likes

We might need a thread name change soon lads. Sir Arsene Wenger

Bit much IMO but fair play if he gets it

1 Like

He has revolutionized english football, tbh. Even Neville has admitted Manure had to adapt to a new style.

I thought a true patriotic red white and blue Briton like @Calum would know that foreigners aren’t Sirs.

2 Likes

Yeah. Not a real one just an honorary don’t really see the point tbh

He should be given an honorary knighthood
Ferguson got one for breaking the transfer record twice , three times in a season , so should Wenger .
Wenger deserves all the honours . Regardless of our recent seasons, Wenger is a true gentleman .

3 Likes

Still can’t believe they debated his legacy in Parliament today. Not as if there are other things they could be getting on with…

3 Likes

I’m just staying silent.

Oh well, that’s something else for Vieira to use to distance himself away from being a gooner

1 Like

Why is it that shocking for them to debate that? Not the first time they’ve either debated or tributed sporting matters in parliament.

1 Like

I think he would rather win another league or a European trophy. Knighthood only Beckham would get mad about not getting one.

Don’t see the point in the real ones either :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s that based on?

A series of emails between him and his agent (I think agent) got leaked, he expressed some sort of annoyance at not getting one when someone else did. I’m sketchy on the details tbh but I remember something like that a couple years ago

1 Like

Thanks does ring a bell now. :joy:

Apparently he was due a knighthood a few years ago but because of his tax avoidance case he didn’t get it. He appeared fine and gracious in public about it but then some leaked e-mails shown he was absolutely livid.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem all that impressive when you see how many people were there to hear it. :giroud3:

2 Likes

:heart: