Arsène Wenger

Wenger is a class act and probably one of the most respected in Europe for his intelligence, wit and charm.

When he came to Highbury, for me he proved in the next few seasons, to be the best manager in Europe, because he transformed, not only the way we played, but the way football was played in the PL.

We played some of the best football in Europe and did it without spending vast fortunes like Ferguson and others.

He has always acted with dignity, especially against other managers like Mourinho, Pardew, Hughes, Pulis, Allardyce, even Ferguson and plenty of others, who used to disrespect and goad him.
How many of them, who have been around in the PL as long as he has, get the respect shown to him by, not only their own supporters, but by opposition ones as well?

He stayed here a few seasons too many, and was too stuck in his ways to change, and had to watch younger, more adaptable managers overtake him, and it’s this which has seen him leave and lose the support of most supporters.

It’s just a shame he couldn’t get the European trophy that would have given him the perfect end to his career here, but he still has a lot to be proud of.

I have seen plenty of Arsenal managers but for those who support us, and are under thirty, he is pretty much all they have known at the club.
There is no way he could have stayed another season, as it would have seen us fall even further behind our rivals, so a new man has a big job on his hands.

If the new manager has as much, class, style and integrity as Wenger, we’ll be ok, but it is a very hard act to follow.

7 Likes

Beat Wenger pic ever!

Haha for one day I forget I wanted him out. Back to normal today though :+1::wink:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/status/993763105795657728

8 Likes

Good for him. I hope one of those is the French national team. Quality in abundance, he just has to use it well…

1 Like

I’d love to see him manage a Champions League team.

Or imagine if he goes somewhere like Everton or Palace and works his magic haha

2 Likes

Hope he replaces Deschamps.

Hope he wins that European trophy tbh

2 Likes

He”ll go to Sunderland

I’m sure China would line his pockets nicely too.

I don’t see him in China at all.

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/993819280792784896

Wenger would win Serie A and slap Juve down. Fucking awesome

3 Likes

7 Likes

I was thinking Napoli or Roma. Could be very interesting to see him at Napoli!

Be interesting to see how many less points they get under Wenger compared to this seasons high 80s under Sarri haha.

Hope Barca hire him and he gets them playing prime Wenger ball :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m genuinely interested to find out where Wenger manages next. I hope it’s a relatively big club in Europe and not somewhere in China but we’ll see…

1 Like

If Jardim is leaving, he may well head back there… perhaps if Monaco continue to bring through all these exciting youngsters from their academy, he can feed us :grin:

1 Like

He supported Borussia Moenchengladbach as a kid because his Dad used to take him across the border to watch the games. Would be cool if he went there. :sunglasses:

2 Likes