Arsène Wenger

FUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKK

Will he retire at the end of the season? Or is he gonna go on elsewhere

I don’t think he knows.

Winning UEL now vital as getting a manager will depend on it

Personally, I think he should go into broadcasting. He speaks very well about the game, very intelligent. I can see him taking the France job though, but that’s not full time so he could combine that with TV work.

1 Like

tho last couple off years has seen us decline and frustrating. its still a sad day to see that one off our greatest managers of all time will stand down at end off the season. :cry:. Hope last game off the season he gets a big send off

2 Likes

I’m not sure. Maybe we are in advanced stages already. Or will make an announcement before the final takes place.

The lengths that man will go to to avoid signing a defensive midfielder…

12 Likes

Granted I have been waiting for this moment for years, but it still has somewhat of a sadness to it.

Massive moment to announce it too with the first leg next week btw.

Shame it had to end like this for him. If we’d won the EL I wouldn’t have been opposed to having him finish his last year of contract.

I really hope the board haven’t fucked up in getting the correct replacement. We don’t have the money to buy us out of a fucked up transition like United.

Uncertain times ahead.

6 Likes

come off it, that’s not how Arsenal works

We’ll end up getting the leftovers after the manager merry-go-round following the world cup

At least with UCL footy to offer we might get someone half decent

https://twitter.com/romeshranga/status/987256386185723904

11 Likes

Opposed to the certain times we’ve been experiencing in recent seasons :sunglasses:

Welcome back btw :+1:

5 Likes

Oh no! I truly feel saddened. The end of an era. HIs glory days (and Thierry’s) brought me to Arsenal. Now the club feels more and more distanced to me, like a purely for-profit Kroenke business. It all went down when Wenger stopped adhering to his principles and started splashing money in the transfer market.

In any case, I seriously doubt the replacement will do any better. But I’m sure football won’t see another man like Arsene in a long time.

Indeed. And, good to see you back :+1:

1 Like

Thanks man!

Yeah I guess, but at least with wenger it was a known quantity.

I suppose a new manager can’t do worse than 7th, right?

1 Like

It’s fine to celebrate his success of course

Fact is though he stayed too long and the club has become toxic.

1 Like

I like how this thread has been pinned – as if it’d be anywhere else but at the top anyway :grin:

2 Likes

That United game now means a hell of a lot more.

1 Like

Exactly this . Very mixed emotions here , an end of a long era , a new era .

1 Like