Arsène Wenger

Yeah but you were referring to survey. It’s not like club is putting out some survey. They obviously know there is a large and growing discontent in fanbase.

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC/status/970919741807321088?s=19

SACK HIM NOWWWWW

2 Likes

Glad you changed your profile pic Cal, I’d have had no way of knowing your position on this issue otherwise

They’re spineless for giving him the latest contract, picking what they think is the safe and easiest option for them. They’re also spineless for the way they hide behind Wenger. He’s to blame for a lot of stuff but they let him catch every bullet coming the club’s way. Gazidis is visible enough when he wants to be, when he’s off trying to sign world class strikers, but when the shit is hitting the fan he’s nowhere to be seen. I could continue to paraphrase yesterday’s arseblog but I’ll just leave you to read it if you want.

The board are at this point confirmed to be totally spineless I just can’t see any argument that says otherwise.

9 Likes

The board won’t sack him but want to convince him to leave.

He won’t ever leave of his own accord.

What a horrible sad state of affairs.

A man united supporting friend said it best. He is like a guy that will never cut his losses on a failing business, trying his hardest to keep it going while racking up huge losses and ruining his relationships over it.

Any functioning efficient board would take the decision out his hands but here we are.

For me, strike 1 against the board was the new contract in the summer.

Strike 2 will be not sacking him now, or after the Milan loss. Strike 3 is if Wenger stays until next season.

3 strikes and it is proof the board and Kroenke need to leave the club just as much as Arsene and should be hounded out too.

5 Likes

The board are a non entity. Stan makes the important decisions no matter what the rest of the board think.

1 Like

The board will sack him. Convince him to leave just means sack him with a smile on your face. It might cost them 8m but having no hope is costing more. Take it out of the transfer budget for all I care, it’ll make more impact than another Mustafi.

There’s no way we bounce back into the top 4 under Wenger unless everyone else truly declines and if players don’t want to play for him he’s finished. Another year of Wenger would be another year of nothing, which means we’re another year behind and playing catch up in a time when players prices will have gone up another 10-20%.

8 Likes

Can’t get rid of him :facepalm:. Only getting relegated would see him leaving.

Nope. Because who else then Arsene could save us from that situation? Who better to fight for the 4th place play off spot in the Championship? :wenger:

4 Likes

Be actually interesting to open a poll to see who thinks he will manage to see out the remainder of his contract, we know he isn’t walking away but will the ownership/ board have the balls to sack him?

Spot on.

Genuinely believe Gazidis amongst wanted a change in management. Stan made the final choice to keep him on.

The only way the board won’t sack him is if we win the Europa League and most of our remaining PL matches.
Even then, we’ve seen it all before.

How many times has Wenger managed to have a good finish to a season when the pressure is off, only to be followed by a pathetic transfer window and then a poor start to the next season?

He has nothing to build on.
There are no young players coming through that are going to make much difference and he has hand picked and coached most of this squad for several seasons, and we are going nowhere.

Unless Kroenke is a constant ditherer, and is happy to persist with the same losing manager, just like Wenger does with the players, then he will get rid of him.

Kroenke is driven by greed, and isn’t bothered about success for the club, unless that lack of success impacts on his profit margins.

I’ve said for ages Wenger will leave at the end of this season.
I don’t know how he will leave, but Wenger resigning will be an admission of failure, which isn’t going to happen, so he is likely to be asked to leave and there will be a joint statement by the board and Wenger with no blame on either side.

Ahahahah! “To reach the 4th place in the Championship is like a trophy!”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/970985302314700801?s=19

Come on Josh mate do us a favour

6 Likes
1 Like

The latest deal was not a board decision. Rumours of a board split on Wenger was rife. The decision to keep him on was an executive one made by the majority owner.

What I’m assuming happened was that Wenger pleaded his case after the FA cup win to the owner and Stan gave him the benefit of the doubt with a two year deal on the basis of his performance in the FA cup. This is the only way to rationalise the extension which is fair enough in my book.

Wenger is 99.9% to blame. Make no mistake

I don’t consider the board to be spineless at all. It’s rumoured Ivan was the most vocal Wenger critic.

I don’t get this. What do you want him to do right now to remedy our situation? He made smart moves already with the appointment of Sven and others. Hopefully he’s in the process of making inquiries about the next Arsenal manager

3 Likes

I refuse too believe a bilionaire is receptive for the argument of the FA Cup.

1 Like

It’s clear Wenger went to Stan and used the 3 FA cups in 4 years as the basis for his arguement to stay on.

In both 2014 and 2017 it commonly known that nothing was agreed until after the cup wins.

3 Likes

I don’t buy that. Don’t think for one bit Kroenke cares about FA Cups. Last season was the first time we fell out of top four. I think Kroenke and co saw we were just one point of off Liverpool and they thought this might have been an one-off. With Wenger still being the manager who could bring in the money of Champions League football on a consistent bases. Until the collapse of this season happened.

Nothing was agreed or nothing was announced after those wins? I reckon these kind of contract negotiations take a good while.

1 Like

8 Likes