Arsène Wenger

It’s been just as worse before and he wasn’t sacked, the board as well as the owner are spineless.

I’m OK as long as he’s gone by summer, our season is over in my mind anyway.

Not long ago? What 10 years ago?

I want wenger out but its silly to suggest sacking him now. The general hysteria over Wenger from the support is clouding sensible thought. The anger and frustration is palpable, People are way too caught up in emotion atm.

Its serves no real practical purpose at all to sack him now. It’ll only add to the chaos and disruption at the club.

What I’m hoping is happening behind the scenes right now is that the board are actively making tangible post season plans wrt to a new manager should they be ready to terminate Wenger.

As soon as we exit the Europa a statement of intent to terminate his contract at the end of the season should be released.

If Wenger stays beyond this season accusations of the board being spineless are more than valid. How they act in this summer will be the real measure of thier competency.

2 Likes

Don’t wind me up mate, those accusations have already been more than confirmed as valid.

3 Likes

Generally Wenger tenture skews things. The board relationship to him is very unique and will never be seen in top level ever again.

Not going to label them spineless for essentially giving him the benefit of the doubt. It’s clear there are sceptics and outright people who want him gone on the board. The recent appointments too show they’ve tried to limit Wenger’s remit off the pitch

For me the decider for my definitive opinion on the board is what happens this summer.

2 Likes

Has to go now as the performance levels are beyond shite now. The team has ground to a halt. Where just a continual backpage story and free hit for radio phone ins. I dont see the sponsors being happy with this tbh.
What is the problem with sacking him.

1 Like

Mate, the more he loses, the more he wants to stay because he think he can’t leave us in this state.

Well man, you have put us into this!

If the players hate him then he should probably go while we have something to play for. Shakespeare is not better than Ranieri, Sherwood is not better than Villas Boas, Di Matteo is not better than Villas Boas, Hiddink is not better than Mourinho, and so on and so on, but making all those changes instantly improved those seasons.

But it might be too late. Do you sack the day before / after we play Milan, and hope someone decent is there to rescue the second leg?

11 Likes

It gives everyone involved reason to pause, take a breath and maybe, just maybe actually start to enjoy The Arsenal again.

Arsenal under Wenger is just a matter of waiting until the next fuck up (not very long these days). This year alone we’ve lost to Brighton, Swansea, Ostersund, Boyrnemouth and Notts Forest. Matches we just should not be losing with such frequency.

I want to take that breath and enjoy my fucking football club again. It’s for everyones benefit that he goes and goes now. Prolonging the inevitable is what serves no real practical purpose.

12 Likes

What was Fergie’s tenure at United, 1986-2013 ? I still think Wenger has hopes he can match that 27 years and survive until 2023.
I still think our board may be to spineless to sack up him in the summer, we know he isn’t going to walk away. So it may be another 12 months of Arsene after this campaign.

Wenger is the whole focus of this mess right now and its making any chance of an improvement impossible. The players like at any club will just hideaway in these circumstances.
Also Ithink sacking him lets us know there is no position for him on the board. That for me is a very important step on the future of this club.

1 Like

I dunno. I reckon Wenger couldn’t tell you how long Fergie was there or how close he is to that. I just can’t imagine that something like that matters to him even a little.

This is why it makes sense as a financial decision to sack him if we capitulate in EL.

Also, £70 m is fine as a transfer budget imo.

1 Like

Given how many holes we have in the squad it’s a long way off what we need to spend.

4 Likes

meh, new manager will help fill many of those in.

1 Like

30m my hole. Absolute horseshit.

10 Likes

I stopped taking notice of what AST say when I realised Tim Payton is a dick.

I love this club ,
I love the badge ,
I love the tradition
I love the history
But please , let’s get back to THE Arsenal
Alls this poison isn’t The Arsenal
COYG

1 Like

The fuck are the 12%?!

https://twitter.com/c11davison/status/970759834055462913

7 Likes