Arsène Wenger

And? You think his 30 goal season was down to Wenger? I’d personally heavily dispute that.

The Arsenal job will be one of the most lucrative in world football when it becomes available.

Wealthy club, big stadium, huge fan base, state of the art training facilities, great hospitality and class, big money contract on the table, talented squad of players to work with and develop.

You’d be deluded to think managers won’t be queuing up for the job.

2 Likes

Yep. I’d still say we’re in the top 10 in terms of managerial jobs in football.

What’s happened recently doesn’t take away our big club status.

I think it’s pretty likely he’ll see out his contract.

1 Like

Well it was because Wenger set up the team to give Alexis the freedom to get the best out of him

The list of players playing their best football under Wenger is high. That’s why I always shake my head when people talk about Wenger not getting the best out of his players, because he usually does and they are usually worse when they leave.

Oh bravo in recent years he got the best out of a few world class players and for the most part if not all it’s against weaker opposition.

What about the team? Does he get the best out of them? Isn’t that what a top coach should do? And maybe Sanchez doesn’t score 30 at United but there’s an actual chance of when he has a good season with them that they can win the title.

Wenger shouldn’t get plaudits for top players playing like top players when the team is garbage, that narrative is quite frankly a joke.

1 Like

Time to find a new keyboard, then.

1 Like

Jardim and Carlo.

I know they will be queuing up.

But right now? If the board sack Wenger right now, can we have the best candidates available to choose and to take over and make the difference .

My point is that we better wait to have a fresh start with time to build.

Makes no sense to have a reduced list of applicants to choose from, just to do it now rather than waiting some time to get the best candidate possible/available at the end of the season.

At least is just my opinion.

1 Like

https://streamable.com/24ssv

4 Likes

Well he isn’t wrong :rofl:

Absolute headphone killer ffs haha

Henry wants it. Give it to him.

Or let Bould take over.

Both only until summer.

Isn’t Henry working for the “Les Diables Rouges” NT as a coach or assistant?

I don’t know if he is ready for this position, i would like him to get some experience under his belt.

He could do let’s call it a zidane or a neville.

1 Like

I know he talks a lot about his achievements in the past to justify his continued stewardship, but his current performance levels can in no way be defended.

There has been a visible and steady decline over the past few years, and our current trajectory shows that we are only going to continue spiralling downwards.

13 points off top four. 33 points off 1st. Vastly inferior goal difference showing that we are the second worst attacking unit out of the top 6 and by far the worst defensive unit. Out of the Champions League for two years in a row. No tactical identity. Consistently beaten by our rivals. Playing the worst football since he took charge. Discontent is rife within the squad. Utterly disillusioned fanbase.

Of course he will say and do whatever he can to keep his job. Any sane person would do that. But you get the feeling that Wenger is so deluded and/or arrogant that he truly feels he is still the best man for the job.

2 Likes

Might as well try them out. They can’t do any worse with this squad surely.

I think now, in 2018, we have to forget what Wenger did and look at what he is doing now.

And what he is doing isn’t so hard for anyone (including Henry and Bould, who may have something to prove and will be hungry) to surpass.

Give it Thierry till the enda the fackin’ season?

Please don’t do that, we’ve still got a chance to get CL via EL - without Wenger that is.

Anything less than sacking him now is pathetic. Its getting worse by the week. The ridicule of the club has to be stopped. At the moment where a fucking soap opera turning into a circus.

3 Likes

Well who you want that’s realistic, not Wenger and not either of those 2?

Honestly, I don’t know. But, Henry or Bould taking over, even for a couple months doesn’t fill me with optimism - in the EL department. But, if we go out then bugger it, give it to Gunnersaurus for all I care. :gunnersaurus: