Arsène Wenger

Lol! He can even add Pep to this list now :rofl:

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/965772974111551489
https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/965773657749557248

1 Like

Le10sport…

I think we already knew that to be honest. He was never going to be sacked - how do you sack a guy who has been in the job that long?

Wenger always honours his contracts too, so we have him until next summer at least. Can only hope a decision on whether he’ll continue beyond that is made this summer. We can’t have another year of “Will he? Won’t he?”

1 Like

For a normal club? Very easily.

“Arsene we are letting you go” “Thanks for your service but it’s time for someone new”

There see? Very easy!

2 Likes

It’s not that easy though, is it? Sure, the board could (and should) encourage him to step back, but they’re the ones responsible for allowing Wenger so much power in the first place, that it’s now got to the stage where he is unsackable.

3 Likes

Typical. Guess everyone expected it.

I wonder if Wenger has got some dirt on the board that he will divulge if they sack him.
It is the only logical explanation :wink:

It would be fair to say we are the only club in Europe, that has a board that leaves the decision of when sack the manager, up to the manager.

Nah it is that easy, you have missed top 4 two years consecutively ( this season by a big margin) you will finish 30+ points behind the Champions. Thanks for your service Arsene but your time is up.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Yeah because that’s what will happen isn’t it?! Yeah it’s easy in theory for you or a regular fan to say those words. But for the owners – Wenger has been a Godsend to them, he’s saved them money and for the most part has been pretty consistent in finishing positions.

In Carragher’s words, the board are happy for Wenger to be a money maker rather than a trophy taker. I just don’t see the owners finding it easy to sack someone who has done so much for them.

And if i’m honest, I don’t want to see him sacked either. I want him to leave, sure, but it’s hard to forget all he achieved with this club and being sacked would be a sad way to go. I want him to acknowledge himself that he can’t take us further anymore, and I feel like that will happen soon.

2 Likes

Surely being one of the highest paid managers in Europe and not qualifying for the Champions League though he is no longer making the club as much money as someone who would could finish in the top 4 ?

Couldn’t care less if he was sacked its gone well beyond that point, he could have left after 2014 or 2017 going out on a semi high winning the FA cup but he stupidly thought he could take us further.

3 Likes

Lol. I’d enjoy him being sacked. Finally free of him at long last

3 Likes

Yea I’d have been put out if Wenger had been sacked in 2012 rather than call it himself but it’s gone well beyond that.

7 Likes

I actively want him to get sacked now

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, i wouldn’t cry if he got sacked. I desperately want him gone but i’d rather him quit.

It’s a moot point anyway, he’s not getting sacked.

1 Like

I wonder if he has a 100m release clause on his contract and the club cannot “afford” to fire him.

1 Like

The fact you know he’s not getting sacked is part of the problem at this club, what manager at any other top club in Europe is under no pressure ?

1 Like

3 Likes

I only hope he stays for one more season because another contract would see a riot.

So if hes this hard to relive of manager duties, hes going to just be able to walk into another position at the club. He wont be happy till hes controlling every facet of this club.
Big trouble ahead for this club if action not taken in the summer. Got to be shown the door.