Arsène Wenger

No, unfortunately. He is still trying to do further damages.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Stillberto/status/952568231092420608

That’s the worst part not having any hope. As we all know what’s going to happen :disappointed:

2 Likes

That’s a good thing though. For as long as you believed, Wenger would be here. Now that no one believes in him anymore, he’ll be gone sooner than later. Before it was obvious for some, now it’s obvious for all. When you used to have hope, that was false hope and false hope is the worst killer. Now that hope is gone, the beginning of the end is here.

2 Likes

I haven’t been to a home game for a couple of seasons now but I’d be surprised if there weren’t still a sizeable contingent of vociferous AKBs around plus many more who will at best sheepishly whisper to you that theyd like Wenger to go but feel bad about saying it.

I.e the court of public opinion still hasn’t collectively made its mind up. That’s what I think anyway. You’ve got a lot of people who are already accustomed to losing every year in Europe and losing away to the Bournemouths, but all’s well because Wenger is only ever a season away from getting it all right

1 Like

Wenger will leave the club in such disarray, that the next manager could struggle to do any better.

Wenger has made sure that he will be able to say “I told you so” to whoever the next manager is, when they struggle with the shambles he has left.

1 Like

We will see.
He is not leaving at end of this season.
He very well can assemble another set of players that the new manager can work with.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Would you like to bet?

We could have varying opinions on who we consider quality players for a manager to build with. What I will say is when Ozil & Sanchez depart we will have 0 world class players.

Ozil won’t leave this TW partly because he is surplus to requirements for all clubs that would and could meet his wage demands.

Yeah he’s a certainty to be off in the summer though, which means it’s very likely Arsenal enter 18/19 season with zero world class players and a manager years past his used by date :dizzy_face:

Just replacing Sanchez and Ozil is going to be difficult and it probably won’t happen, and even if it did, we weren’t good enough to get in the CL when they were here.

He isn’t going to build a great new team.
He has had several seasons to do it and is the longest serving manager in the PL.
All he has achieved in the last few seasons is to drive his best players out and stagnate the team.

1 Like

Last time Wenger’s team was considered the weakest was when Persie took charge of the team.
With Persie leaving, our squad was as below
Szczesny- Sagna, Kos, Verm, Gibbs- Arteta, Ramsey, Song - Theo, Gervinho

It only took couple of transfer windows with addition of Cazorla, Giroud, Monreal, Ozil to make us a competitive team again. We won FA cup before Sanchez came in.

But it has. You are probably right, AKBs are still there. However they are wrong and it’s a matter of time before they are turned. If they were right about him, he would prove them right, but he won’t because he really doesn’t have it. It’s all disappointment with him at the helm from now on and those who take longer to have their opinions changed and lose hope will still do eventually; even the firmest of believers need some sort of evidence to fight dispair and they are not getting that from here on. The tide has already come and they will get carried by the waves.

Most importantly, the board seem to have changed their opinion of Wenger and that is the most if not the only important factor. Even if AKBs do not get eradicated completely, their opinion will soon be irrelevant.

Arsene Wenger’s name is still chanted by our fans at away games…

(and no swear words involved)

fucking Wigan won the cup with a lot less. Come on mate bit of perspective.

2 Likes

Don’t see Wigan winning 3 FA cups though.

Szczesny - Bellerin, Per, Kos, Monreal - Coquelin, Cazorla, Ozil - Sanchez, Giroud, Ox

Is a fine team for a manager to come in & work with.

That is not a team Wenger & co can’t assemble in couple of windows.

Its a failed team that took its fair share of hidings in europe and domestically and couldnt compete with Leicester ffs. Its over mate accept it. Its Ali against Larry Holmes this.

2 Likes

Really? I thought they’d be the first to turn on him!!!

Well I’m being slightly disingenuous, I’m referring to “Arsene Wenger he’s won more than you”, which always immediately follows “Arsene Wenger we want you to stay” (oh my sides) from the home fans.

So it’s like an instinctive defence of Wenger but hardly an outpouring of adulation. You won’t hear “One Arsene Wenger” any more or, at least when you did, that caused some of the fighting that’s happened in recent seasons

1 Like