Arsène Wenger

There is clearly a plan from Kroenke and Wenger to send us bankrupt and collect the money. It’s so clear by now.

1 Like

Luca c’mon

Why? Only a fool would still accept this situation. There’s a clear plan behind this.

Even a decent manager would have struggled with the position he put himself in in the summer. There was no way at all that he was ever going to come out of the two years of this current contract looking good. He could have gone relatively near the top of a declining curve but now he’s going to end up leaving at the bottom, with everyone grateful for him leaving, not grateful for what he’s done for us.

He’s going to get blamed for Ozil leaving, blamed for Alexis leaving, blamed for Wilshere leaving, blamed for Ramsey leaving, blamed for Lacazette underperforming, blamed for Xhaka underperforming, blamed for Welbeck staying. Every young prospect we have looks poor except for Ainsley who I’m sure will start to look shit in a couple of months and we cannot play football. He could have been on the beach in Rio sipping Pina Coladas when this shit was blowing up, but he’s put himself in the middle of it.

If he insisted on staying, he should have gone bold in the summer. Sack off Alexis, spend £200m and change the formation. Instead he replaces Gibbs and then drops the replacement for a kid, signs a decent striker and doesn’t give him consistent minutes and attempts to get Chamberlain to sign a 4 year extension. He wanted to change as little as possible to keep this shit team playing shit.

The only bold thing he did was keep Alexis which has completely backfired.

12 Likes

@Maverick79 and @InvincibleDB10, what is he gonna say today after the game?

“Lacked sharpness”?
“We played with a little handbrake on”?

:wenger2:

https://streamable.com/p443u

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Exactly.
What was the point of staying on if all he was going to do was persist with something that clearly didn’t work?
Like you say, he could have shown a bit of ambition and bought two or three decent players, while getting rid of the dross like Walcott but he decided the squad was strong enough, which to everyone apart from himself, was obvious it wasn’t.

I think it was a very unambitious thing to do.

He was relying on a player that didn’t want to be here to perform at the highest level, like he had the previous season, and it was never going to work

nope ‘we lacked a little bit of our mental strength uuuuuggghhhh i uuggghhh believe we were a bit jaded’

FUCK RIGHT OFF! :angry:

1 Like

We lacked sharpness going forward and we looked tired defensively.
We have to remain focused.
We have important games coming up.
We have no news on Sanchez transfer.
We have no news on players we are looking at, but we are working hard on transfers.

Pretty much the same as he says in every interview his has ever had.
Lies, misleading statements, hypocrisy and excuses.
It’s all too predictable.

1 Like

We should ask him how it is possible we have lacked sharpness since 2004 :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s the referees fault.

He should just put a record instead of himself when doing a press conference. Fucking tired of his bullshits!

1 Like

he’s 25/1 to be the next EPL manager to lose their job

says everything

1 Like

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, speaking to BBC Sport: "We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don’t know where they came from. It is very frustrating. Overall we have to look at it in a very objective and harsh way - we made mistakes we should not have made.

"The team that fights against relegation will fight and you cannot afford any concentration mistake.

“One-all was not good enough for us. We had to win the game. I think if you look again at the second goal we made many mistakes and that is what we paid for.”

Well guys, he is officially mentally ill. I don’t know what to say anymore.

“I don’t know where the goals come from” :rofl:

1 Like

The sad thing is that this gif has already been posted in the past :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yep. Probably every year. This tweet sums it up:

1 Like

"The team that fights against relegation will fight and you cannot afford any concentration mistake."

The team is fighting relegation because it has poor players that are in a bad run of form and none of their first team would get into ours.

Losing to them is inexcusable.

I’ve never actually seen Wenger be a world class manager in my time as a fan, it’s been 11 years :joy: