Arsène Wenger

Chances are he still would have failed to win the UCL, he couldn’t do it with Arsenal 2004 so I wouldn’t back him to have gotten it done.

Roberto Di Matteo won CL. Case closed.
Wenger would have easily won CL with Real or Barca or Bayern.

LOL how’s that case closed ? Because Di Matteo won a CL with a vastly inferior squad to any of Arsenal’s 2002-2005 squads ?

Arsene took Arsenal to CL final with Senderos & Eboue in the back. Case Closed.

Arsene didn’t win it, case closed.

4 Likes

Once not done is not forever can’t do.

He should go to Real now. I hear their fans are really grateful and respectful!

1 Like

What sort of reception is the 2 time UCL winner/ La liga winner getting at the moment ?

If Wenger was available, PSG would have won CL already.

Again he couldn’t win it with Henry, DB, PV & Pires etc, what would make you think he would have done so with PSG ?

Between Real, Bayern & PSG, Wenger would have easily landed multiple trophies including CL and would have earned 2 times more mulah.

I wouldn’t include Bayern, they have no more money than we do.

That’s a weird logic.
He couldn’t do it once so he can never do it despite having the chance to manage clubs like Rea; Bayern, PSG who can assembled much superior teams.

This is probably the most futile of all the pro Wenger arguments. Stating stuff like this as fact is utter nonsense.

7 Likes

This fool here tries to pose as the hero who won’t abandon the sinking ship avoiding to acknowledge he’s the single reason why the ship is sinking in the first place. What a cretin.

2004 we had the most talented starting 11 in Europe, yet choked against a Chelsea team we hadn’t lost to in about 6 years, whilst Porto went on to play Monaco in the Final.

Bar 2006, Wenger has always been shite in Europe.

Nothing shows he would win shit all with any other team.

Tbh I don’t know why we are discussing these random hypotheticals.

If he could, I wish he would leave and try to do it then, at some ‘worthier’ club in your eyes. Where the fans put up with 15 years of bullshit as opposed to 10 or something. Good luck to him. Real Madrid fans and PSG owners and Bayern bosses are notorious for their patience.

And therein lies the true reason why he never moved away. He’d be expected to do shit at those clubs. No stupid aristocratic board, or know nothing owner happy to take profits and leave all control of footballing matters to this guy, where only the money needed to be flowing in regardless of success.

Deep down you know its true. I argued the same BS you are doing now like 5 years ago. All you (and previously I) have got to back this argument up is a baseless hypothetical with nothing to suggest it could be true. In fact, the closest situation we have got to this hypothetical (Wenger managing one of the best squads in Europe like from 2001-2005 Arsenal) he flopped in Europe. Hard. Whereas SAF, Mourinho, Rafa and even Ranieri managed to get further in the cl in that timeframe.

2 Likes

That’s the situation now. 4-5 years ago they could easily swamp us away.

But they have easy pickings in Bundesliga & a great youth academy.

Absolutely not.
That was a poor attempt at slandering a man who has been nothing but loyal to Arsenal.

This is what i meant by ungratefulness amongst Arsenal fans.

Clubs like Real, Bayern, Barca can demand instant success from their managers.
Clubs like Arsenal should bend over in respect for managers who bring success to the club.

Arsenal is nothing without Arsene.

Yeah that’s true I suppose look at the massive league title drought we had before Arsene joined the club, thankyou Arsene for saving us.