Arsène Wenger

Yeah he would still be on thin ice as this would be his 4th season and we still haven’t come close to winning the league or got past the rd 16 in the Champions League.

1 Like

I think we should appreciate Wenger more and enjoy the good football, memories and keep being consistent in reaching top 4 every year

3 Likes

Any argument using cups is invalid. His objective is Champions League qualification which he has achieved.

The board has the power to sack Wenger if he was failing his objectives which he is not. All ill feelings should be directed their way.

Take your point but id argue his teams style of football quite boring now and see no reason to not criticise him for that tbh.

We haven’t played good football for years.

6 Likes

we play good football when we have players like Wilshere, Cazorla, Özil in midfield also Walcott (on form) and Alexis pace on the wings is fun to watch

1 Like

If thats the case why not sell wastes of space like Theo etc to raise some more funds ?

3 Likes

Who’s going to pay his wages?

He ain’t worth half of what he gets.

Lets chip in half of his wage still, I don’t give a fuck.

1 Like

I feel the same about him, but i’ll be a monkey’s uncle before i give that greedy bastard a penny.

1 Like

Really i don’t get the meltdown over Wenger when we finished 2nd, best finish since 2005 and Özil had an amazing season. We were close but we didn’t win the title because Leicester City had a better, faster striker than us. That is the difference in winning the title but I hope this Lucas Perez player will be good and quick enough to lead the line for Arsenal

1 Like

From Vardy to Lucas Perez you’re telling me we couldn’t be more aggressive in the market?

If we do end up singing Perez I’m behind him 100% but let’s face it Wenger has done the cowardly thing and gone for a striker that will not be first choice over Giroud.

You can tell we have no real plan when it comes to transfer windows and instead rely on a scattergun approach, not very top club like.

7 Likes

You consider 10 points off the Champions close ?

2 Likes

For a top European club that is one of the biggest profit making sporting clubs in the world, surely we should be aiming a bit higher than top four.
Also, in recent seasons, when have we consistently played good football?
Passing the ball round endlessly and then losing possession is not most peoples idea of thrilling football.

As for appreciating Wenger more, I’m sure all Arsenal supporters appreciate what he has done for the club and the great things he has achieved, on and of the pitch, but there becomes a point where watching him repeat the same mistakes and lying to supporters every season that a lot of them have had enough.

3 Likes

Fucking hell Asano, Holding and Kalechi in no way should affect our main summer business.

4 Likes

Are you kidding me? They were probably a combined 5-6 million pounds! We need to be sensible to ensure we can pay our janitorial staff next week!

5 Likes

True dat.

When was the last time we played consistently good football?

3 Likes

I think half of it is. Think we all know the board are a bunch of has beens who have no idea what the fuck they are doing!