Arsène Wenger

That’s positive thinking. We just lost to Nottingham Forest - there are several teams in the Europa League we could easily slip up against. A last 16 round exit is on the cards again, because that is what we do :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wenger won’t win the Europa league if he does then it really is Europe’s Micky Mouse Cup .
If he cant pick a team strong enough to beat a Championship team that doesn’t have a manager then good bye to Europe this season .
Wenger is an arrogant, money motivated manager that is destroying this clubs reputation. We are easily beat , predictable, slow , no fight , lethargic and gutless… all those words can be used to describe Wenger himself.
He will sign a contract extension at the end of the season , you can see it coming.

1 Like

So good :xhaka:

I think we barely scrape into the top 8 favourites of the last 32, based on current form and in particular away form when it comes to the crunch

It’s somewhat unlikely we replicate what Manchester a United did last season, who themselves hardly walked it, winning their last 16 and semi final by the odd goal and going through against Anderlecht only on sway goals

It’s doubtful that Kroenke will sack him.

I am wondering if Wenger decides to walk away himself. While the mess is largely of his making, he has to realize the toxic atmosphere around the club is only going to instensify the rest of the season.

While he may believe that he can return Arsenal to what it was in the early part of his tenure, he can’t enjoy working with the atmosphere being what it is.

I don’t think that he is motivated by money. He has to come to realize that it is best for all for him to move on at this point sooner rather than later, right?

Wenger should announce he is leaving at the end of the season so that’s would allow us for one last push in the cups.

2 Likes

I just hope there is the requisite urging and “deal-making” in advance… AW/Gaz should have had some sort of assessment of “the end” and targets/milestones and triggers - leaving it too open and wishy-washy would be bad for all. While I think AW will walk away (seemingly under his own terms), I believe there is at least the framework for “ok, it is time now Arsene” should things go too pear-shaped…

My one big hope is that if he leaves in the middle of his contract, it doesn’t have the same “lame duck” reality that it would next season, so there very much is a rationale to leave at the end of this season, a week or two to finalize his replacement, and pretty much the full summer to get sh*t in order (ok, it will take a few years, but you get the point).

2 Likes

I don’t think it is tbh. Kroenke has a record of firing coaches in all his sports teams. Some he’s been slower to pull the trigger on, but he will fire the manager eventually.

1 Like

Sooner rather than later !
It would be sad to see Wenger fired after sunch a long tenure. If Wenger realised the damage he is doing to all around The Arsenal then he should be man enough and resign.
What ever way it ends , I just hope he isn’t given a job around the club . That would be a disaster.

8 Likes

Time to contact Carlo. He is free. Get him before it’s too late.

2 Likes

I am unsure of Carlo tho myself, sure he may be more functional than wenger but he seems to have lost his edge i cant see us going anywhere with him really.

He was in a difficult situation at Bayern, as he had all the players against him. He is still a great manager and apparently he wants to manage us.

3 Likes

I would have liked to seen Guus Hidink given the managerial roll at the Emirates with Adams as his number 2 .

1 Like

adams is fucking useless, did you see his last attempt in management he didnt even win a game.

1 Like

Wenger has been at Arsenal 4-2 long

3 Likes

Adams knows what this club stands for . He was a winner . This current lot , excluding Jack and Sanchez don’t .
We are in a fucking mess and it’s all Wengers doing.

1 Like

Well, like Adams, you could say Bouldy knows what this club stands for. How’s that working out?

2 Likes

That’s an easy one
Wenger won’t allow Bouldy , it’s well documented

1 Like

The old man is digging his own grave and asking people to bury him alive.

I feel sorry for him.

2 Likes

Tony Adams is not a good manager. That kind of thinking is along the lines of the alleged Josh Kroenke plan to get Henry installed as manager.

Arsene’s time is up and he really should have left in the summer. He backed himself to get the best out of two superstar players in the last years of their contracts and it backfired in a spectacular way. It’s not all his fault because I guess he was banking on Alexis wanting to be on form for WC2018 and he didn’t qualify.

But most of it is Arsene’s doing. He bet on two players running out their deals but then didn’t really add to the team. He clearly hates the back three but didn’t really get away from it. He wanted to set up a second squad to keep the Starting XI fresh for the league but only succeeded in creating stagnation.

He really should leave this summer but I have a sneaking suspicion he’ll get in Stan’s ear and convince the owner that Arsene is the right man to help with the rebuild. It’s really sad because I’m almost at the point where I don’t want to follow the club anymore. It’s just not fun and sports really are supposed to be fun.

7 Likes