Arsène Wenger

This is just dumb.

I love Wenger. He’s mainly responsible for me being a fan of football. He’s mainly responsible for me being a fan of Arsenal. My dad doesn’t give a shit about football, he didn’t point me in a direction of a club to support. I’m not from London. Other than Wenger there’s no reason for me to be an Arsenal supporter. Tbh if I was a lot smarter and had no ties to any club I should be supporting United, it would save me from a lot of heartache. However, no fuck that Arsene made me an Arsenal fan and that’s where I’m staying. So excuse me if I don’t call him a cunt and yell at him to get out because he’s ruining the club etc.

After having said all that now you can see why a fan like myself has such an endearment to our manager. That doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate what the man has done for the club and myself personally while also criticizing him. There is a romantic aspect of wanting Wenger to succeed with the way he does business because it is different from the cuthroat way a manager like Mourinho handles his club. I believe in a club that wants to develop youth, and not just buy their success. I’d like Arsenal to win like Leicester and in the same mold, and now we’ve seen that it is in fact possible to do so.

It is apparent though that Arsene can’t do that job. He’s had ample time and instead of using the resources he does have, he’s retreating into his turtle shell even moreso, I guess just because he feels forced? I’m not sure why he refuses to get the business done tbh. Until he steps down though he’s our manager and I’m going to root for his success as long as he has the job. I feel he will step down of he can’t get the job done this year and then we can all move on.

When a man is not good enough for the job, he is not good enough. No time for sympathy and sentiment.
He asked for all criticism for staying and getting the big fat check for too long.

1 Like

Well imo once again this is a bit of an ott criticism. Wenger failed us as fans massively last year but he’s won us 3 cups in the past 3 seasons. If he were a new manager sure he’d get criticism for leaving us short etc but I doubt many would be calling for his head after back to back FA cups.

1 Like

Said that many times… Ozil and Sanchez are not here for FA Cups.

5 Likes

No one can deny what Wenger has done and achieved for Arsenal. But must one sing his past praises and kiss his feet every time before criticising him?
I may start working on a ‘copy n paste’ text soon, which I would be wise to include in all my posts regarding Arsene. In it I will mention how much I appreciate what he’s done. Otherwise I’ll get accused of being ‘spoiled’ or whatever nonsense that suits the daily agenda of @Arsenal for example.

No one is denying his past achievements and the appreciation that Wenger deserves! Heck I’m not even that harsh in my criticism of the man.

4 Likes

I’m responding to all these sarcastic posts about Wenger being my god and I have to pray to Wenger three times a day ect all this bull shit hyperbole. Can’t I give the man a longer leash because I respect him for what he’s done for the club and for making me a fan of the sport? Everyone can look at the manager situation in a different light depending upon their circumstances.

I’ve made the analogy before about college football here in the states. I support USC and I have absolutely no patience for new coaches of SC that don’t get the job done. I’ll be on twitter calling for their head on a platter just as aggressively as your top WOB. That’s only because I have a history with the University that goes deeper than my allegiances to any one Coach.

I don’t think in my evolution as an Arsenal fan that kind of attitude can develop for me until I’ve been through a couple management changes. Anyways until Wenger is gone for my own sanity, I’m going to hold out on the idea that this guy has gone 49 matches unbeaten and navigated us to a CL final before. You shouldn’t lose that ability over night. He won’t bring in the right pieces, so he’s setting himself up for failure, but if we catch lightning in a bottle it could all come together in theory. I think that’s about as much as you can expect from the club under the current conditions.

Did you attend USC or do u just love the crazy band . UCLA go Bruins !

1 Like

3 cups ?

I wasn’t having a go solely at you, I’m very sorry if you took offence. My point is though that many posters don’t think that the WOB (or whatever) have any respect and appreciation for Arsene Wenger. Mostly these are posters who can’t be bothered to look up, read and understand past posts from a user.
And even if someone in frustration calls Arsene this or that, there can never ever be any denial of his historical importance to Arsenal. That however lies in the history of the club. It is in the past! Is he the man to lead us forward in present time however? No he definately is not.

3 Likes

Just to back you up here. i posted this on the 9th of August…

And it’s not the first time i’ve tipped my hat- so to speak- for what Wenger has done for the club. this should go without saying, it’s undeniable and we thank the man. but just because he’s done so much it doesn’t give the man the right to bring the club down. his comments on the weekend were so bad i can’t find the words to describe just how bad they were. and that’s one tiny example.

He was the right man at the right time for Arsenal, but he’s simply incapable of taking this club to the next level, which is well within the means of the club to do, thanks to him.

It’s past due time he made way for someone else. i don’t want the stability of the club to be put at risk, so just who that next someone is, i simply don’t know. but i look at Southampton over the past few years and their managerial appointments have been exceptional to say the least. if they can find the right managers, then so can we.

3 Likes

Haha FOYB! No I didn’t attend but the wifey is an alumn as well as others from the family, and I’ve been weaned on Trojan football since an early age.

You know when someone defending Wenger is losing, when they include the Community Shield.

@BigWeng_4LYFE what do you say to those that urge you to have more patience with shitty USC coaches?

How long do you give him then? 3 years? Another 10 of failure?

He was excellent for 10 years. Hes been useless the last 10. Do we let him carry on just cos of what he has done for the club or do we actually say hold on, enough is enough and youve taken the team as far as you can and its time for a fresh approach and fresh ideas?

Back to back FA Cups is useless to you? I can see the frustration in him leaving the side short and setting himself up for failure, because it pisses me off as well. However we’ve had success with him as manager since he started buying players, on the rare occasion he does. Since the move to the emirates until he bought Özil, we spent almost nothing for whatever reason. My question to you is that if Arsene had been managing us since 2013, would you be calling for his head? Regardless he’ll be gone next year so I don’t think it matters much.

I know how you feel.

Eminem is the guy that got me into hip hop. He was the best for me, back in the day. Everyone else was crap.

But then he became shit. It took a long long time to accept he has become crap and the game has passed him by. It is not 2000 anymore. It was hard. At the start it was more of ‘everyone else is wrong and shit, Em is the true god’.

When the penny dropped it was like my whole world was rocked.

But now it is better because you open yourself up to all kinds of new artists, experiences.

I hope you find your way. Trust me it does get better. :family:

2 Likes

NOOO!! I can’t hear you lalalala :ox:

Well its obviously great to win 2 FA Cups. Beating Hull and Villa to win them so not exactly the 2 hardest games we will have in a cup final, although we did make hard work of Hull

I want to see us challenging for the title and the CL though and for the manager to address the problems that we have had for the past 4-5 years. He hasnt done that yet again and just watch as we get to the end of the transfer window and we pick up some panic buys to try and appease the fans

He said himself that we werent ready for the start of the season, how the fuck is that even possible? He knew when the start of the season was and should of had the players ready for the opening day, not come out after and say we wasnt ready. Its embarrassing and he just pushes himself further away from the fans with such ridiculous statements!

Still, we could have Johnny Evans come this time next week, oh the excitment is building!

3 Likes

Teams like Wigan, and Portsmouth have won the FA Cup in recent seasons, in fact Portsmouth got to two finals in three seasons.
George Graham was sacked after winning the FA Cup, The League Cup and the European Cup Winners cup in the two seasons before.

Managers and supporters of big clubs don’t go on about the FA Cup, that is left for the likes of mid table or clubs near the bottom of the PL.

If the FA Cup is such a great achievement why does every top team play their reserve team in the early rounds?

4 Likes

When great clubs and great managers/players showcase their resumes, they would mention how many league titles and CL trophies, THEN TOGETHER with the number of FA Cups. Nobody put FA Cups ahead of the other 2.

If the FA Cups is the only thing that we can mention for the past decade, then we are not really a big club at this moment.

If we think and treat ourselves a big club, mentioning the FA Cups and the invincible season and the 2006 CL final game are not going to prove that. We need to win the league, and do better than just the round of 16 in the CL.
To achieve that, we need better players, and better managing style.

Even the worst United team in decades won the FA Cup last season. It means what?

4 Likes