Arsène Wenger

I would have sacked Wenger years ago. He would have been booted out either after the 8-2 loss at old Trafford or the embarrassment of losing to Birmingham in the league cup final . The man clearly isn’t good enough nor ever has been . With all that talent at his disposal WHY didn’t this club win more ?
We all know he’s going to sign a two year extension on this current contract.
The future is bleak , very bleak .

2 Likes

Eh. That’s obviously not true…

2 Likes

facepalm

Finishing above Spurs ,City , United , Chelsea , Liverpool and only to finish second behind Leicester says it all .
Being top of the league going into the new year and getting a loan player with a broken back to strengthen the squad .
Just saying …

1 Like

Well it doesn’t say it all. Not even remotely in respect of the piece of your post I disagreed with. Finishing ahead of prime United and going undefeated says plenty too.

No argument with the position we find ourselves in now but to say he was never good enough is truly nonsense.

2 Likes

Another in the very long line of pathetic Wenger excuses.
He comes out with these cliches after almost every match.
He, like the club, are so predictable.

Every transfer window, every season everything Wenger comes out with is so easy to predict.

I think he will leave at the end of the season, along with Ozil and Sanchez.
He will leave us in the biggest mess we’ve ever been in.
He knew that to sell those two and rebuild an ageing team with very little talent was too difficult and this is why he turned down the money for them and tried to go out on a high.

This selfish and stubborn behaviour is what Wenger is all about.
When has he thrown away that amount of money for two players before, possibly 100m?

He knew the state we were in and he has ruined another season, lost us our only top quality players that we will get nothing for, and will leave the next manager with a club in a complete shambles.

We can’t buy our way out of this mess because we have a board with even less ambition than Wenger, and who only care about profit.

So Wenger’s plan to risk not taking the money for Ozil and Sanchez hasn’t paid off and he will walk away from the very mess he made himself and leave the club floundering for a Europa League place.

This has been coming for a few seasons but due to his admirers thinking he could do no wrong we have seen him able to carry on, dragging us down to a level that his fanatical supporters never thought would happen but some of us did.

6 Likes

Now, it feels like we’ve come full circle. The players can change, the formation can change, the system can change, the fitness coach and the tea-lady can change and but the football doesn’t. That’s where we are and where we will be as long as Arsene Wenger is in charge.

3 Likes

He has become like Clough. He is a victim of his own ego. He thinks no one can do a better job at Arsenal after so many years in charge.

2 Likes

in just a year a whole number of staunch Wenger backers, that I know personally, have stated that they now “hate” him

quite some achievement

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Memz_UK/status/941079527639408640

8 Likes

This!!!

I wanted him gone 9-10 years ago. I was ridiculed for it. But as I saw it, it’s very rare being in charge of such a big corporation for so many years without not becoming stale and content.

1 Like

Wenger is obsessed with Ferguson’s record. He is leaving in 2024, not before.

:gabriel:

I hope not. I’ll be married with children by then. I don’t want them born into a world where he is still manager of our football club.

2 Likes

Yeah i mean the absolute horror of it, it will damage your poor children for life!

3 Likes

I do fear this :neutral_face:

1 Like

He wont have 12 titles and 2 CLs by 2024.

Best Arsenal manager since Herbert mufuckin Chapman and some of you just no respect smh.

Judge him in May.

4 Likes

Yeah, guess everyone would respect a boss who is sinking his company.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/aliladiere/status/941069372080246785

11 Likes