Arsène Wenger

Wenger’s owes a lot to Sky and the premier league’s foreign expansion by the sounds of things.

lol

Already reported.

Go and support Watford, then. This man is pure scum and crook.

Luca’s lost his head :joy::joy::joy:

How can you come back from that @JakeyBoy?!

5 Likes

How many players that started the game against Watford would get in the Man City or Man U team?

We started that game without a genuine world class player, and we got the result we deserved.
Get used to it, because next season that will be happening in every game.

1 Like

You already posted it so there was no need for it.

Oh, i got the flu today.

Chill out mate haha, I didnt realise it had already been posted.

Some of us prefer to find it hysterical rather than behave in a hysterical fashion like you, talking about pissing in people’s ears :joy:

6 Likes

To be brutally honest, I am slowly but surely, falling out of love with Arsenal football club. Nothing about the club excites me anymore. Nothing about any game piques my interest. Its almost becoming a chore to watch Arsenal. I wouldn’t mind the bad results if we at least were more exciting to watch.

Totally relate to this. TBH, there used to be a time when I wouldn’t know what to do on weekends when Arsenal were not playing. This season, it didn’t matter. I was as bored without watching us, as watching us.

6 Likes

This is the real tragedy… I went from excited, passionate, obsessed, to feeling like there were tons of better things to focus my life on… I can’t wait until AW leaves and I really thought he was a genius a few years ago.

2 Likes

I do fear he is staying beyond 2019.
“He is the right the man to fix the problems” :xhaka:

If he stays beyond 2019, then I’m convinced the only thing that will see him depart is death.

6 Likes

If that happens, I would be surprised if I am still following Arsenal. Might still be on here but probably frequenting the non-footballing threads more :wenger2:.

I would like to believe that this mediocrity will not be tolerated by the fans beyond this season and that a major overhauling of the club will happen come next summer but then I have been dreaming about that for a while now and yet, here we are.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if he last past this season, I could see things turning quite nasty especially if we lose to Everton (which could happen even with their bad form), we probably beat Swansea, then you get into November, and you really could see the breakdown, I Could see us been trounced by City by over 5 goals quite easily, to add more fuel to the fire you have Spurs after that losing that at the Emirates would be a disaster. You have Burnley away which won’t be easy and could see us losing that. Throw in UTD at home, I doubt Jose will play it like he did at Liverpool. That’s a tough few weeks, Swansea and Huddersfield are the only two games in the PL we could win.

Any other club he would be sacked by the end of November but you just know a few wins over nothing sides and he win back the Flip Flops and he always have the AKB’s on his side no matter if he got us relegated. So I think he fluke a cup win in the league cup or FA Cup and he save himself.

With our fanbase, probably the most spineless in the PL just like the team, Plenty will moan or groan on Social media but won’t get themselves out and do something about it. Plus if he wins or draws over a big side and wins a Cup he be forgiven even if he got us relegated lol.

1 Like
4 Likes

When I left my job a couple of years ago, my editor said to me, “I’m glad you’re leaving.” (Thanks :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) but then she added, “It’s the ones who stick around for ages and get too comfortable who I don’t like.”

This is basically what is happening to Arsene Wenger. He is far too comfortable. He had the chance to leave where everyone would have been, “it’s the right time but we’ll miss you.” Now it’ll be, “about bloody time, bye.” He’s like the drunk guy in the bar who won’t leave even though you closed up an hour ago. I totally get it, Arsenal is his life, he doesn’t want to manage anywhere else – but it’s been far too long for that to still be a valid excuse. He must know that he isn’t the answer anymore.

But then comes the question, who is? I know a lot of people like the idea of Ancelotti, but the more I think about it I’m not so sure. We need a revamp, we need completely fresh ideas, we need a disruptive influence, we need someone to come in and pull the wall down before rebuilding it. I’m not sure Ancelotti is the man to do that.

3 Likes

I been a supporter since the 50s

now at the stage where I couldn’t care less.

I’m from a huge family of North London Gooners, I can count 6 generations from my own great grandparents down, and we’re all gooners there have been hundreds of us over the years who’ve attended 10s of thousands of matches between us going back to the 30s and beyond

now totally sickened by this old man

just fuck off while I’m still alive

4 Likes

It would be good just to see someone different and trying something else.

Also to see a manager attracting top players and not treating the transfer money as if it was his own, as well as being more decisive and not dithering endlessly over big decisions.

The thing I liked about Ancelotti, even though he was manager of Chelsea, was that he never blamed the ref, the media, ex players, supporters, or any of the other people that Wenger does.
He took responsibility for what he did and didn’t try to keep shifting the blame.

He was also very successful.

1 Like

Perhaps, but he has his faults too. Don’t forget, it was his PSG side who lost out on the Ligue 1 title to Montpellier. I just don’t think he’s the right fit for a club who need a complete makeover.

Fair point, but I think you get change when Wenger goes as things will be forced upon the board to address. Providing and this is my fear, Wenger is not part of that board.