Arsène Wenger

I knew you would get mad bro. Lol.

Sanogo was a player that Wenger, rightly or wrongly, brought in as a prospect.

You only have to read anecdotes from previous and current players about Arsene Wenger and you realise how important he is to the club, both in its past and its present.

Wenger has deserved the right to expire when he wants, but I think he will finish up this season, and go into commentary, or manage the French team.

If you think the fans booing doesn’t affect him or the players, then you’re dreamin’.

Ironically, whilst Arsene is a self-sabotager, so too are the fans. You think a booing fan base will attract other players, and encourage our existing ones to stay? No.

Highbury didn’t die for this.

People have been saying this kind of stuff for years though. If he’d gone 5 years ago, by 2016 we probably would have recovered.

His transfer business and football has become pretty poor on the whole. The transition from Wenger to competent coach will be nowhere near as catastrophic as Ferguson to Moyes.

And I don’t believe Wenger was that huge a factor in bringing in good players. If you sign for Arsenal, and you’re asked the question “did Arsene Wenger have any influence on your decision to join” you can’t really say “no, not really”.

3 Likes

All he cares about is himself and his obsession of not spending money.

He won’t.

If you have only just realised this, then imagine what the supporters that have known this for the last few seasons have gone through.
He has treated them like mugs, blaming them when things go wrong, lying about spending, persisting with dross and repeating the same mistakes every season.

He clearly has no respect for what the supporters think.

His ridiculous comments about spending just annoy supporters, and if he thinks what he is doing is right, then I’m sure the AKB’s will be just thrilled when Ozil and Sanchez pack their bags at the end of the season and go to a club with a manager who doesn’t pride itself on being the most tight fisted in Europe.

3 Likes

At this stage our only hope seems to be that he will crack and physically attack a reporter that asks him about transfers/money and we’ll have to sack him for gross misconduct.

Honestly I don’t know how the journalist who was fed the 600 employees line didn’t just start laughing in his face.

14 Likes

They won one cup less than us and missed out on 2 CL qualifications in three seasons. Its hardly a decade of disaster is it.
Even Moyes in his ill fated season got further than Wenger in the champions League. Two trophyless seasons after dominating english football for so long is nothing really is it.

3 Likes

Did you watch all of his post-match presser?

After watching it yesterday i have now moved from believing he has no idea why the fans are pissed, to knowing he has no idea why we’re all pissed. i also know he has no idea what the fans are asking for when they’re shouting SPEND SOME FUCKING MONEY! at him.

No Arsenal fan demands he just throw money at any old transfer, but he’s responding to the question about reluctance to spend as if that’s what the fans are saying.

He’s either clueless, or is playing dumb, either way he’s taking the fans for mugs.

2 Likes

What other manager decides when he leaves a club?
It’s not as if Wenger is in the same league as managers like Guardiola or Mourinho.
Since we moved to the Emirates, I would say he has been a good manager but no more.
That doesn’t strike me as being a reason to say he can decide when he leaves…

It just shows the ridiculous amount of power he has at our club.

His comments at supporters when he says throwing money at players isn’t the answer, just shows his arrogance and contempt for them.

No supporter is saying waste money, just get better players than the ones we have.
It’s not unreasonable for supporters to want better than Giroud after four seasons, especially when Wenger says we can compete financially for any player.
Or fill some of the glaring gaps in our first team that have needed filling for so long.

What’s his problem with spending money is what most supporters want to know the answer to.

2 Likes

Can somebody please explain this to me!!!

Regardless if i agree with him or not, It would be great to at least understand what he’s on about!

Edit…oh, and just for the record. the season ticket supporters (especially the away supporters) would i think, completely disagree with him anyway.

2 Likes

Wenger would do well to remember who pays his wages and who the club are.

Without supporters there is no 8m a season wages and no club.

If he doesn’t want to spend money and then just go on and repeat the same mistakes, watching the same underperforming players, getting the same injuries, as the team stagnate, that’s up to him.

But to criticise the supporters, that pay good money, just because they want to see new exciting players to liven the team up and give everyone a boost, is just stubbornness.

Look at the lift Man U have had.
I know we can’t compete financially with what they have spent but we could at least have got a couple of exciting players like Mahrez or Lacazette, if it were not for Wenger’s stupid obsession of not spending what it takes.

So we have to stick with Walcott, Giroud, Chamberlain in attack while having the inexperience of Chambers, Holding and Gabriel in defence while watching Ozil and Sanchez get even more frustrated.

Wenger is on his own if he thinks he is right not to spend, and to alienate himself from the supporters is a risky and foolhardy thing to do.

2 Likes

At least the next AGM should be another cracker.

Allot of common sense and obvious points there. no need to be a brain surgeon to see it all. shame Wenger needs to over-analyse every minuscule detail and haggle down to the last penny before he acts. which most times means we either run out of time, go without, or somebody else jumps in ahead of us. Sanchez and Özil aside.

Watchig his press conference and the interview with BT Sport, I have understood how is poor the level of journalism in England.

I don’t know if is possible to explain a thought during a press conference, inviting the interviewed to respond. I would like to listen a precise analyse about our regression.

Yes, because for me we are regressing year by year. Remembering the years between the 2007 and 2010, Arsenal were a club without any chance to win major trophies but with a style, with a trademark like the nice style. Five years ago, when anyone of them were talk with a foreign fan about Arsenal, the first response was “Arsenal? Yeah, they play a nice football and have tremendous young players”.

We lost these weapons. Now we have better players (Cech, Koscielny, Monreal, Xhaka, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis) but we aren’t capable to play with the same intelligence, the same passion, the same organization and the same desire to show our qualities.

Five years ago, was a joy to watch Arsenal because if you win, you’re happy and if you lose, you have played well in any case, trying to win the game and not to be quiet to attend the final to add a point.

We’ have a better financial situation, better structure, better players, but we’re fucking boring. Lack of football style (because to pass the ball without sense to try a pass into the goal isn’t a style but it’s only a lack of organization), lack of desire, lack of fighting spirit apart two or three players.

I would like to ask to our manager if he is satisfied about that, if he is satisfied to not have a squad ready to win the title and neither a squad who are a joy to watch like Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid or Sevilla now with Sampaoli. Sevilla isn’t better than us, but yesterday has been a joy to watch them.

Bayern, Barça, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, Sevilla, PSG, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United have an identity. Real Madrid and Arsenal haven’t that, but the first have many world class players who can limit the style limit.

We’re a squad with a bunch of very good players, a world class player (Ozil), who can lose a game against everysquad, who can concede the goal during every moment and to win a game and to score a goal need to play at 100%.

I don’t know if Mustafi or another players can solve these problems.

I would like to ask this to Arsène Wenger, not the money to spend, not to put a microphone under the mouth of a cunt like Deejay DT.

I want to understand what is the plan, I doesn’t want to become famouse blaming the best manager of our history.

6 Likes

Wenger has not earned the right to retire or leave when he wants.

I support Arsenal FC not fucking Arsene FC.

He delivered success in the early years, he has been MORE than financially rewarded for that.

He is no longer delivering, time to pack his goddamn bags. His no longer has a vision for this great football club, if he does he can’t implement it. He is now a failure in my eyes.

2 Likes

[quote=“Maxi_Gooner, post:918, topic:125”]
We’re a squad with a bunch of very good players, a world class player (Ozil), who can lost a game against everysquad, who can concede the goal during every moment and to win a game and to score a goal need to play at 100%.

I don’t know if Mustafi or another players can solve these problems.

I would like to ask this to Arsène Wenger, not the money to spend, not to put a microphone under the mouth of a cunt like Deejay DT.

I want to understand what is the plan, I doesn’t want to become famouse blaming the best manager of our history.
[/quote]You’re right, we have some very good players but that isn’t the problem.
We don’t have enough of them and it is the weak links in the first team as well as the lack of quality in the defence and striker position.

Like you say, we all want to know what is Wenger’s plan, and most of us would love him to answer this question.

I believe he wants to be successful but not at the expense of spending like Mourinho, or clubs like Man City, Chelsea and Man U.

This is all very admirable but realistically impossible, he thinks that he can do it on the cheap and even though he keeps making the same mistakes every season, he still keeps sticking with the idea that he doesn’t need to buy big.

Since we have moved to the Emirates we have continually lost our best players to bigger, more ambitious teams, and since we have had money, but refuse to spend, the few big name players we have will follow the same route out of the club.

2 Likes

It’s Wenger, people think he’s this ultra-intelligent overlord of cunning wizardry but the guy isn’t all that. He spits out a lot of shit that makes no sense whatsoever and he wilts under even the slightest bit of pressure on and off the pitch. That’s what you have here.

4 Likes

Questions on spending money will just be disregarded as last time.

1 Like

Wouldn’t shock me if they bring out a few of the 600 of “Wengers Children” to put a human face on the plight of the workers at AFC.

Obviously it’s not a minority. What a start to our season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJjMeJhLQ_w

1 Like

Things are looking even more futile now for Wenger. Second game into the new season and even the away fans are on his back, seems almost unanimous for a lot of sensible people now that is time is swiftly coming to an end.

The club have to have the balls to step in soon and make some big decisions because every negative that occurs this season will be highlighted with the upmost scrutiny possible. It’s not healthy for the club at all on every aspect; fans to, I assume, corporate level where all the deals for tv rights, sponsorship and investment is had. When there are incredible claims, statements and clear signs of clutching at straws from the man who steers this ship to basic questions, does this not hurt the image of the club? Here’s to another unruly season ahead of us. Take it for what it is.

I hate being negative towards him and I won’t stoop to any level of calling him this or that but his time has been over for a while and we should have called it quits this summer.

4 Likes