Arsène Wenger

Here we go again. Wenger trying to make out he’s doing the club a favour by staying

18 Likes

He could have left us on an FA Cup win and taken over a big team with an incredible squad and basically regained some semblance of credibility. But he decided to stay on and continue to damage his legacy.

18 Likes

If the Champions League is their main target they won’t regret leaving Wenger sit. Might even be a blessing for them.

Old trick, isn’t it?

He knows at PSG he’ll only be a head coach which I think would suit him well ironically.

He enjoys the extent of his power and lack of pressure at Arsenal, not surprising he’s desperate to stay and hates any DoF talk

3 Likes

The irony of the lowest spending manager of any of the top clubs, being considered for PSG, the biggest spenders in Europe.

1 Like

He would have imploded if he’d gone to psg and they’d done the deals they did this summer.

1 Like

Or if he was over the moon with the signings then i think arsenal fans would have to be kept away from guns and knives for having to be mismanaged for over a fucking decade with this economics BS only for him to move away and spend in 1 window what we have barely spent in 10.

1 Like

PSG have probably spent more on Neymar than Wenger has spent net, all the time he has been here.

I think if there’s one thing we can say about Wenger’s character it’s that he wouldn’t go to PSG and enjoy the abuse of his beloved FFP that they keep dishing out.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/904618820073132032

6 Likes

What are they smoking at the Emirates?

3 Likes

I think I’ve said this already, but remember when Wenger asked what a director of football does: making sure these transfer operations run smoothly. It has been said before but the network in football and knowledge Dein had on the market never has been replaced. It seems makes our dealings on the market very slow.

2 Likes

Lol what the hell. Mess.

So from that we have found out:

Bellerin wanted to leave as well as Sanchez, Ozil, Chamberlain and Perez, no wonder his performances have been poor recently.

Wenger wasn’t convinced Mustafi had a good season.

He was stunned when Chamberlain told him to his face he wanted to leave.

There have been no transfer talks with Ozil since the end of last season.

The club feel they are stronger than they were last season.

They want to win the PL title and are looking at the Leicester model as a way to do it.

The money made in this transfer window will go towards the next transfer window.

Kroenke is desperate for trophies but no so desperate he will put any of his money towards it.

What a joke.

Well that makes for fucking shit reading. That was a bad way to start my morning.

God this club is absolutely fucked. We’re going to do a Liverpool next season when Sanchez and Ozil leave and spend years in the wilderness while Kroenke and those dimwits on the board sit and say “but look at Leicester!!!11”

Usmanov in, please. And that can’t happen fast enough.

4 Likes

What a farce.

How can you expect to challenge for the league when

A) Half your squad dont wanna be here

B) The ones that want to be here aren’t good enough

Absolute circus.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Arsenal are an absolute state.

1 Like

So basically it’s all down to our wage bill? The only club who pay a lot for average players, not for the good ones :xhaka: