Arsène Wenger

We seriously need to spend £100m on a central midfielder before the end of the window.

Koscielny Mustafi Monreal for Liverpool game is a must - and I’m still super worried about Cech.

I’ll give Wenger credit with Lacazette as he looks a treat; but even with Alexis in, we look weaker than opposition.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Arseblog: Quite why he thought this, I have no idea. Theo Walcott had two assists last season. One was at Burnley, when he nodded the ball across for Koscielny to the bundle it in with his hand; the other at Watford when Alexis Sanchez just about got the ball over the line after a cross from the right hand side. The last time Walcott assisted a Giroud goal was March 2016 in the FA Cup against Hull (4-0).

You have to go back to September 2013 to find Walcott’s last assist for Giroud in the Premier League, this was in a North London derby again Sp*rs at the Emirates. All that aside, we already had Oxlade-Chamberlain slinging in crosses from that side, and the sum total of Walcott’s contribution was three short passes in the 15 minutes or so that he was on the pitch.

:facepalm:

Edit: not sure if that was quoted properly?

4 Likes

Your concerns are valid but then we aren’t trying to win the league or even compete for it. Given that, we are more than expected to lose a few games, especially tough away fixtures. So another loss would not really dent our hopes for the season. In fact, since it’s an away game to Liverpool, the way I see it, we have nothing to lose. If we get anything out of the game, it will be a bonus. So relax. That is the only way to get through the season.

1 Like

</Sarcasm mode on> C’mon guys we are fighting for the title we are only 3 points off top spot. </Sarcasm mode off> Looks like another season of pain and anger.

2 Likes

Fixed for you.

Shocking. Theo should have been sold a long long time ago.

3 Likes

I THINK THIS SEASON MIGHT TURN OUT TO BE EVEN WORSE THAN THE LAST HAHA

It’s mind boggling that after 20+ years in charge we have such a terribly imbalanced squad with so many bang average players we can’t unload.

Wengers’ job in his final 2 year stint (let’s pray it is) should be to build a squad that can be handed over to a new manager and then need only tinkering.

This current squad would need dismantling by a new man. All the penny pinching will then have been wasted because every club we try to do a deal with will know we are restructuring & that will force us to pay more.

Why can we not take a financial hit on the duds & make money by selling stars to compensate for the losses so that we can strengthen whilst getting rid?

I mean look at the other season when we kept Flamini because he had a year left. Why don’t we tell these guys “here’s your wages, thanks for everything but tata” or just sell them cheaply with a golden handshake. The club is awash with cash reserves, why will the manager not use it to prepare for the eventual; handover.

Fucking sick of this

6 Likes

Wenger has said ’ he’s pleased with our transfer window in the demanding transfer market" Net spend of 24 million quid on a squad that missed top 4 last year, failed to get rid of nearly all dead wood and we are still about 3 signings short of what we really need lol.

4 Likes

No one asks him to pay 200 mil for a player, just to fill our gaps.

2 Likes

JFC that’s shockingly bad. I mean I knew it was bad but that hit me in the face like a nice right cross.

1 Like

The man is clearly aiming for 4th at best, in the league, with perhaps a semi-final appearance in one of the Cups. That’s the level of his ambition, this club’s ambition. Since we have held on to all our best players from last season :roll_eyes: , and added 2 seemingly good players to the squad, he has to be pleased. And it’s not like missing out on CL again will be a disaster. No one in the club hierarchy would even flinch if that happens, so really, if I were him, I would be pleased as well. Who gives a shit what you and I feel like.

2 Likes

Nah Wenger’s a G been overachieving for years. Sure we haven’t done what needs to be done in the league but over the long haul we’ve got a weaker squad than the teams that have been winning it (exceptions to the rule). Wenger has been shi in the market, sure call him arrogant or stubborn, it’s actually true. Either he’s not had the money to spend or he just refuses to do so. If we could spend like City we’ve had won a lot of titles by now. Winning 3 out of 4 FA cups proves he’s still got it, just doesn’t have the horses in a 38 game season. Give us anyone in the league in a knock out competition and we will blitz the fuck outa them. Don’t start in europe, we haven’t got the squad for that.

Sometimes I stop reading your posts after only a few words. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your loss. I’m sad to see that all those years of assimilation have made you so close minded you can’t even get through a sentence of something you don’t agree with.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well it’s more so that I’ve read it a few hundred/thousand times before. I apply the same logic to things I do agree with. :slight_smile:

How do you know it’s something you’ve read several thousand times if you don’t read it?

Nah you’re right, there’s a myriad of ways a post from you that starts by calling Wenger an overachiever could go. :slight_smile:

Could be like an m night shalalaman post that blows ur mind at the very end, ya never know.

1 Like

Should at least aim to the Europa League to qualify to the Champions League again and to finally win an european trophy, instead not.