Arsène Wenger

Let’s look on the bright side: if Chelsea don’t strengthen i can see us finishing in the top 4 again. Clearly, with some more players, we could aim higher.

But then if their are only 3 or 4 cars in the country that are better than yours why are you complaining?

We’ll finish top4. Liverpool will go back to being Liverpool and Coutinho may leave. Chelsea will have hangover, miss Matic/Costa and struggle with their squad size playing twice a week. Spurs seem to be weakened too.

United/City should be stronger and so should we unless Alexis leaves and even then there’s a bit of a silver lining that he won’t be giving the ball to the opposition 20 times a game

2 Likes

You totally answered your own question- thanks for saving me the trouble.

I’m not interested in a to and fro with you. I’m genuinely glad you’re happy- in Arsene’s eyes you’re the perfect fan.

4 Likes

Just like to add.
It must be considered that even though there will be clubs with less resources than us but if they only have one or comparitively lesser(“Fewer” - Ser Davos)competitions to concentrate on, their inferior resource would then be equivalent to ours.
Last season we had Chelsea & Liverpool with no European football. One with 2014-15 title winning squad, another with enough players to compete for Top 4.
Not saying we didn’t fuck up.

2 Likes

If you are not part of the Arsenal PR department already, you should be :smile:

5 Likes

Don’t know where else to post this so I’ll put it here.

Arsenal as a Football Club means so much to so many people.

Throughout this feature I spoke to lifelong Gooner Giles (@InvertdWhinger) looking back at his past supporting the club he has followed for many years.

1 Like

It is a good way to live your life to be fair… unless it means you constantly settle… lowering expectations and being happy with what you get is a nice idea.

For those of us who adopt the more “Fever Pitch” type fandom, being an Arsenal supporter is more about pain and suffering :giroud3:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GrantAFC80/status/897805957216055296

He getting away with it because he is the fucking board! :joy: shambles.

Two or even more years of this. Banter club

5 Likes

Yeah and if the excuse is “we need to ship some out first” then it is beyond a joke. The priority is being competitive… secondarily figure out what to do with the excess, if it works out that way. Players like Le Coq can play in the reserves or be loaned late if we get a top CM - likewise for others. It is frankly unbelievable. Imagine me telling my CEO, ummm, yeah I am not going to hit this year’s milestones because I can’t hire the talent I need until I figure out how to get rid of the dross I have even when he is saying I have budget.

3 Likes

Thing is, it’s an individually self-inflicted pain. Life is short, other pastimes may offer more joy and satisfaction.

Luckily as arsenal fans we get a lot more joy and satisfaction than 99% of football fans in the world

5 Likes

That sounds like an advertising slogan.

“A survey said 99% of Arsenal supporters are satisfied with their club.”

You should swap your job as a PR representative to the commercial department.

2 Likes

Which is why we have higher expectations and demand more from our club.

Really bored of this same shit line or a variation of it being trotted out whenever someone expresses dissatisfaction.

7 Likes

Sorry but pointing out it’s not that bad is nessisary, It’s boring for me to have to keep doing it but if it dosnt sink in I will

@JakeyBoy also the post you quoted was in response to this, someone pointing out other past times will bring you more joy and satisfaction not someone voicing dissatisfaction

People know we have it better than most other clubs, you keeping on pointing it out achieves absolutely nothing. By all means keep saying it if you want to, but don’t fool yourself that it is a point that will convince anyone.

People who do complain do so because they are aware of how great a club we are, what we have achieved in the past informs what fans expect of the club now. It’s why Pochettino will get an easier ride for just finishing in the top four than Wenger would, because he manages a club with a pretty shit history who never win a fucking thing. Nobody expects anything more of them.

1 Like

Strange no club has signed many people:

Man U: 3 signings

Man City: 4 signings

Chelsea: 3 signings

Liverpool; 1signing

Spurs: 0

So as it stands more can be done in the las two weeks of the window. OA people seems to fall over themselves for bad news about arsenal and arsene.

2 Likes

Would be cool if we were ahead of the game just the once though, right?

2 Likes

Of course it would be nice to be finished with 3-4 signings, as well as getting rid of deadwood