Arsène Wenger

Ehm…we are up against nazi racist scums. BEAT THEM TO DEATH! :ozil2:

1 Like

And one of those strange games where if we win Wenger will get no credit because it’s a “glorified friendly.” And if we lose Wenger will be slaughtered.

2 Likes

Either way you will praise him and declare him a god.

1 Like

Which puts it right above friendlies or the Emirates Cup

3 Likes

Wenger doesn’t get slaughtered for losing, he gets slaughtered for how we lose.

2 Likes

What’s the fifth most prestigious domestic trophy Arsenal can win?

Yeah but we dont print it on our stadium trimming like we do our other trophies. Thus rendering it pointless.

Exactly, above, and not aligned with.

In no way am i suggesting its beyond what it is, nothing to really boast about, the same way no one here would look at the league cup as a measure of success.

A club of our stature should (rightly so) aim higher and expect more. But equally we shouldn’t diminish what we perceive to be below us.

Quite a long list of things we could win in English football, not sure we would particularly want to find ourselves in a position to be eligible for any of them though. :smile:

Lol good point, I’m sure Coventry City would rather have the Community Shield than the Johnstones Paint Trophy amirite??!! :mustafi:

1 Like

Easy to forget English football exists outside of the lofty heights of the premier league.

Not sure which trophy you’re placing 5th behind the Community Shield, but I’d rather win PL, FA Cup, Europa League and League Cup before CS. I’m sure most people would agree.

1 Like

FA Cup before Europa League?! :thinking:

I wasn’t listing them in order. I’d rather EL than FA Cup. Any kind of European glory is very welcome.

2 Likes

CL
PL
EL
FAC
EFLC
ESC
CS

The discussion was about domestic honors.

1 Like

Ah OK, that makes more sense. Still wouldn’t count the Community Shield as a trophy though. But of course you want to win every game.

It does only become a point of discussion though once it is talked about as something that is more than it is. If it isn’t a measure of success then why even mention it alongside trophies that actually matter.

Personally I take the CS as a pre season measurement of how far the team is in terms of performance and so don’t really care if it’s won or not as long as the team played well.

1 Like

FA cup over the EL all day long. Our FA cup record is a source of genuine pride, reinforces our status as one of the consistently successful clubs in England.

Continental wise it’s the CL or nothing, anything else is pointless.

3 Likes

As I said, the league cup isnt a measure of success for our club either. People are now disputing the FA Cup ffs.

I’m just highlighting that even though it’s lowest in the pecking order, and not a major trophy, it still holds relevance and some degree of importance.