Arsène Wenger

Hopefully Wenger took a pay reduction in his latest contract. :gunnersaurus:

OK, so if they sign on we’d have have to make up an extra 8 million quid probably through player sales. Even with the rubbish fees we’ve got in recent years it shouldn’t be a problem to make up that amount from selling one or two pieces of deadwood.

1 Like

I dont get how our wage bill is so high when we only have two world class players. How do other teams field 11 top players with a lower wage bill. Something aint right.

We pay average to mediocre players very good money for what they are bringing to the table or should I say don’t bring to the table.

I’ve read Welbeck is on like 110K a week? I like him but come the fuck on, Kos ain’t even on that.

1 Like

But why do we do that?

Is it an attempt to keep the same group of players as long as possible hoping they wont be tempted elsewhere?

We need to shed some deadwood fast.

1 Like

It’s Wenger and his left wing views.

1 Like

Because of the drop in revenue from missing out on the Champions League, Kolasinac and the likely renewals of Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis & Ozil, the figure people are calculating is closer to £40m. And that number assumes we’ll do very well in the Europa League and doesn’t take into account any other business we’ll do in the transfer window.

Sounds like plenty of speculation based on income in 12 months time. If we ‘only’ lose £7m it’s not a massive dent either.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MakeArsenalBlackAgain&src=tyah

Lol at this hashtag.

Obviously that is our true identity. Not the Wengerball-stuff.

:joy:

6 Likes

Did we really lead the way with our data company? Was nobody else doing that at the time?

Not being sceptical, I genuinely know little about it.

From what I’ve read by people that release public content, StatDNA were apparently far ahead of everyone else in the field during a time where most clubs weren’t using data.

1 Like

I’ve read that a lot too but I basically don’t believe it because we bought it for like 3 million pound. It would surely have been worth an absolute fuck load more than that if they really were that much more advanced?

I suppose that if we were genuinely visionary and saw its potential before anyone else there’d have been no market for it, keeping the price low as we were the only interested party.

Fucked if I know though haha

1 Like

where would the value come from if most clubs werent all using data analysis like that?

It was pretty niche.

Not so sure that’s true either. I just think it wasn’t as big a coup as was made out at the time/subsequently.

Then again I think the amount of stats these days is way ott so I could just be biased.

1 Like

Nothing interesting has come from the Gazidis Q&A.

Pre selected questions i bet? Or just purely political answers.

Sad but true.