Arsène Wenger

Whatever he and the board decide next week he’ll always be the guy that made me fall in live with Arsenal. Growing up and supporting this club with him at the helm has been the luckiest thing anyone could wish for.

It was already cemented, but 7 FA Cups cement his legend status even further.

Enjoy this one, Arsène.

13 Likes

That was a 1998 Wenger.

He will probably stay on for better or worse

10 Likes

Goes out on a high if that was the end.

How did we beat the more expensive City and Chelsea who had better forwards and midfielders and supposed better managers? Did ‘No Tactics’ Arsene OutTactic them? Yes he did

6 Likes

I really hope this is it now. I really hope he can go out on a positive and we can go out with a moment of gratitude towards him. Despite my protestations of his management for me and in history he is a legend of this football club and deserves to go out with thanks. Please Arsene, you bloody legend, it’s time.

4 Likes

Brilliant piece of management today and great piece of individual history. In fact 7 FA cups is better than the invincible year for me.
Thats probably more to do of how much the cup means to me.

5 Likes

The best performance I’ve seen from a Arsenal side in many a year, Wenger deserves credit for it and I’m one of his biggest detractors on here, so I applaud him. But I really hope he calls it a day mid week cause this is as good as it will get for him. It be a perfect time to say goodbye and leave with a trophy. I don’t see him walking away, and I fully expect him to say he’s staying and we get the usual crap in the League, with him winning a cup to save his behind. But let’ enjoy it tonight until we’re back on the same Summer merry go round we’re always used too.

1 Like

“I’m proud to have won seven of these cups. I’m proud having done this - winning the championship without losing and winning seven FA Cups.”

To me it sounds like he’s leaving. It would be good for him to leave and manage another club. Perhaps time will tell whether we miss him and he might prove to be a success elsewhere. Should have led us to win the Premier League in 2016 that was the best chance in a decade.

1 Like

He sounds like it is up to the club to decide his future.

To me it just sounds like he’s happy.

I still see no reason for him to want to leave. The only question is whether he’s allowed to stay, which is probably yes. This “board meeting” is conveniently close to him beating the league champions in a cup final :wink:

2 Likes

If he does stay, I suggest we go out in the Europa League straight away, and just focus on the league next year. Leicester did it, so did Chelsea.

Clear the schedule!

Doesn’t sound like he wants to leave from this article. Perhaps, I was wrong.

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/3135036/wenger-adamant-hes-still-the-man-for-arsenal-after-fa-cup-win

Just thought it’s strange he talked about one of his most memorable feat with the Invincible like a farewell speech. Well we will see next week. I’m frustrated with him but very much respect and admire him as well.

i dont like to peddle these lines at all, but anyone thats been to a game and doesn’t think hes been abused is deaf dumb and blind.

He absolutely has been on the recieving end of the ‘mob’, right or wrong is another matter entirely.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine someone else in the dugout than Wenger, will be interesting to see the decision next week.

If he does go (and I believe he won’t), he goes out a winner and a legend.

1 Like

Wenger can come back and go out an even bigger legend by winning the leavue and CL…he’s still got a treble in him.

Genuinely one of the best sights in football.

7 Likes

Wenger again has the chance to go out with a trophy, I wonder if he’s smart enough to call it quits this time.

1 Like