Arsène Wenger

Well at the very least it would signal that someone high up at the club acknowledges that things are fucked up.

When he was finishing behind Chelsea and United it was fair enough (and nowadays City), but finishing 5th behind Spurs and Liverpool and 2nd behind Leicester shows that Wenger isn’t the Midas people might have though he was a few years ago. I see no reason for the club to still be die hard Wenger fans in 2017.

4 Likes

Just trying to save his ass.

Wenger locked out the door watching :joy::joy:

1 Like

That account tallies exactly with what I’ve read, heard about and believed previously.

Gazidis and Josh vs the old guard

with Stan sat on the sidelines watching his investment grow while dodging calls from his son

Dysfunctional board ties the amateur hour will he won’t he with Wenger over the last few months together.

The board needs to pull in the same direction or else it will be near impossible for the club to improve.

Stan needs to step in and make the decision or move on if he is incapable.

2 Likes

Funny, isn’t it? :wink: Gonna be top 4 again next season so no need to worry :hipster:

Makes sense as well.

Old Toffs like Keswick or whatever his name is don’t like these new yank cunts coming in here and thinking they own the place.

(Even though they kinda do, because they sold it to them lol.)

Go on Ivan, win this battle for the fans.

1 Like

‘What does Gazidis do’

funnily enough without him saying much, seems a damn sight more than any of the other fuckers are doing!

He’s the person that comes out before every transfer window and tells us that we are one of the most profitable clubs in Europe, we can afford any player, and we are not afraid to spend.
Other duties include not getting transfers done, and like Walcott, he goes missing for large parts of the season.

He is also very good at getting on Wenger’s nerves.
So he’s not all bad then.

Basically, he is either a deluded waste of space, or a liar.

2 Likes

Feel for Xhaka if that’s true about him

Or maybe he is honest and telling the truth and is sorta trying to force Wenger by telling the supporters we have money to spend. That stubborn old man refuses to do so. There have been reports hat Gazidis gets extremely fed up with Wenger maybe that is one of the reasons for the divide…I dont think Gazidis likes working with Wenger to be honest there seems to be friction there.

Wouldn’t have realise that was what was happening if you hadn’t explained it

5 Likes

Lol ffs wasn’t explaining it :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I’m not ready to bestow hero status upon Gazidis just yet, he’s still a man of mystery to me st the moment

1 Like

He is just trying to save his ass. He does want the people to believe he was never really part of the regime.

It’d be interesting to find out who’s the most important at the club right now.

A lot of fans had beliefs along the lines of “the board love Wenger because he makes them money” but that’s surely not true anymore. We turn no transfer profits anymore and our wage bill is up there with the bigger clubs. If you look at United it’s not Moyes, van Gaal or Mourinho responsible for making them money, so it’s more likely Woodward or whoever’s in charge of their commercial side.

So surely Gazidis has some credit with the hierarchy for overseeing a good revenue growth in his time. I can’t see why the owner wouldn’t back him if he has a strong opinion on the future of the club.

It seems the “football side” is left to Wenger and it’s the football side that is failing. I hope it’s true Gazidis wants to change it and I hope he’s allowed to.

5 Likes

If these neputistic Yanks, who keep wondering why our players aren’t picking up the ball and running with it, win out I’m off. Fuck that.

His record on the commercial side and sealing deals is pretty shit.

1 Like

Arsenal fans are a disgrace, the lot of ya! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Lol he just doesn’t get it does he?