Arsène Wenger

I think next season the only team we could potentially overtake is Liverpool, but United will probably overtake us. 5th or 6th next season I think.

Can you predict the 2018/19 season as well? :hipster:

4 Likes

Which teams did they play during that run? Home or away? In what competitions? To easy to say 26 unbeaten equals quality.

Until the start of February Arsenal had 47 points out of 23 games. To end the season with 75 is not a (major) collapse. Those averages are fairly in line. As long as Wenger is here this is what you will get.

So who has not been linked with the job in the last 6 months who is better in your opinion.

1 Like

Your point about the start of the season being good means absolutely nothing, thats when the pressure is off. Notice the start of our season is always good and we ALWAYS bottle it when adversity meets us.

I can’t find a single reason to support Wenger in 2017 and quite frankly making excuses for him hurts our club even more imo. We have to get real.

1 Like

Cmon, you dont honestly believe this right? Santi is an incredible player but how in the world would having him in this side have fixed our defensive frailties or our shocking mentality as a whole?

What about when he has been fit before? We didnt exactly make any pushes then. This kind of “we wouldve won the league if this guy was fit” excuse has been used way too often. We have a squad of supposedly class players, missing a 32 year old cant possibly be fatal for a serious side.

2 Likes

David :astonished:

3 Likes

It kinda is just because our technical ability falls off a cliff when Santi is out of the lineup.

Silly argument, even when Santi is in the side our record vs the top 6 is poor.

I’m afraid I don’t understand what’s going on in that tweet, must still be hungover haha Could you elaborate for me please?

Wenger said in February his contract stuff isn’t affecting the players but after today’s match he said it actually did :thinking:

2 Likes

And Ornstein is highlighting that. Interesting given that I thought Ornstein was basically Arsenal’s rent boy in the media.

Surprised to see him come out and call Wenger out on something.

3 Likes

1 Like

Maybe Wenger isn’t the person he answers to at the club and whoever he does isn’t necessarily best pleased with Arsene.

5 Likes

Orn probably just responding to the massive backlash he got when he tweeted about Kroenke having ambition.

Seriously when you think about it Wenger has only broken the 80 point barrier 3 times in 20 odd years, so what Spurs achieved this year for them was pretty special.

3 Likes

What’s going on with this man? If he hadn’t lost the plot a while back, he is certainly doing it now. The comments he has been making to the media reflect a man who isn’t quite sure of what he is saying or why. From insisting that the uncertainty regarding his future was not affecting the team, to pointing at our improved points tally when compared to last season to make a desperate case for how this season hasn’t been a failure, to now blaming the hostile environment that fans created for our poor performances and admitting uncertainty regarding his future affected the team. The man is all over the place. He has gone from Le Professeur to The Absent-minded Professor. I am embarrassed for him.

2 Likes

Should have helped against the likes of WBA and Palace though.

If the uncertainty about his future affected us then he’s basically saying every other season until he retires we’re going to suffer if he’s only going to sign 2 year deals and string us along in the final year.

I assumed his snippet about the atmosphere was a dodgy journo asking him a loaded question but no, it’s come straight off his own back. It must have been eating him up for months to pretend it wasn’t an issue.

5 Likes

" I tell you we won 23 and in the invincible season we won 26, so we are not far away"