Arsène Wenger

David Dein’s departure, the board, the fans, the players, the other teams, injuries…

You name it. Every excuse that could possibly have been used to justify Wenger’s failures have been used.

4 Likes

Whoever decided to force adoption of ‘The Wonder Of You’ as some sort of pre-match rousing Arsenal anthem also deserves some of the blame. Just because.

14 Likes

And if we only had something else then a dinosaur mascot, the irony! Gunnersaurus is to blame.

1 Like

Okay say what you like about Arsenal but if there is anything that is off limits, its gunnersaurus.

1 Like

Look on the bright side ladies. At least we will get to Wenger sacked. Cant wait to piss on his parade.

1 Like

Or look on the bright side, ladies. Ours beat Tottenhams’ 10-0 recently.

7 Likes
4 Likes

D). Allow the cash reserves to be spent
E). Don’t borrow against the KSE group to fund farming projects and thus allow the cash reserves to be spent

1 Like

The way some talk about the board in defence of Wenger, you’d think that it was the board who set the team up to be so tactically inept and so mentally damaged.

No evidence whatsoever that d happens and I’m not even sure of the legality of using the cash reserves of one company in one country against the borrowings of another company in another country. KSE doesn’t own Arsenal, they are the majority shareholders so what they can do with the money (from my own, possibly wrong, interpretations) is actually quite limited.

Well he’s raised finance for a massive farming project one way or another. The cash reserves are leveraged against some borrowing, whether it’s the stadium or other borrowing. There’s nothing illegal about Kroenke using his other companies as collateral for a new venture. If he did default on loans and they took KSE, it’d be easier to liquidate a company with large cash reserves from the creditors perspective. A majority shareholder can simply issue dividends.

Kroenke:

“We have a whole different philosophy I think in the States, maybe, but I think it’s time for everybody to think a little bit. I think they ought to think about who invests in these clubs. He [Glazer] took money out of the club. So what? [LA Lakers owner] Jerry Buss takes money out of his club. A lot of owners in the US do. No one ever says anything about it.”

Club upping the PR for Wenger now…

Like fuck he has. This is Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

2 Likes

The people that say Wenger has earned the right to decide when his time is up show a complete lack of respect for Arsenal Football club IMO.

3 Likes

He earned the right to stay on at Arsenal 10 plus years ago. How much longer can he go on living off that glory? Winning the Premier League less than a year ago with relegation fodder Leicester couldn’t save Ranieri. Winning the Champions League and FA Cup didn’t even earn Di Matteo the right to keep his job for 6 months! And Real Madrid sack managers 48 hours after winning La Liga! But because Wenger led Arsenal to an unbeaten season in 2003/04 he has earned the right to drag the club down 13 years later? Yeah, that seems fair.

10 Likes

Same old shite just going over the invincible stuff and fuck all about the bollocks of the last few seasons and his inability to meet the challenge of todays game.

4 Likes

Welcome to Arsenal Arséne Wenger. Truly can’t wait to see you as our new manager :xhaka:

I dont understand this ‘‘earned the right’’ business.

Whats the threshhold of his ‘‘earned right’’? Can we be relegated and him still have the right to stay? Does he get to decide when he leaves? Does that not make him a dictator?

1 Like

D - not sure there is really evidence there and it begs the question “why?” - business men don’t leave piles of cash around - you know opportunity cost and all that… this is red herring.

E - Need a link on E, but I have heard nothing of the sort that truly impacts our ability to compete financially - people have decided they don’t like Kroenke b/c for some reason or another and are looking for stuff to back that up. Again, nothing to see here… just say you don’t like him b/c he is American or not a “football man” or “passionate about Arsenal” or something - or acknowledge that his only failing is not to have the balls to fire the living legend of AFC.

Wenger has managed to do what no other ARsenal manager as ever managed before.
He’s made me into a couldn’t givea fuck supporter. I never thought I would see the day when I didn’t want to watch ARsenal, but it’s here.
I have lost all motivation with regards to Wengers Arsenal.

3 Likes

Fuck off then.

1 Like