Arsène Wenger

@Oliver I’ve felt the tension for weeks now. I suggest a private 2 person oa meetup :grin:

https://twitter.com/inverthis/status/844966075859189760

https://twitter.com/gbl_4/status/844991498882072576

:joy::joy: brilliant can just imagine Arsene as big Tony!

2 Likes

honestly how can you not love him.

1 Like

So sanchez is Chris…We all know what happened there…

DD did more to burn our club to the ground than wenger ever will, stab kronke owns half the club because of him and usmanov owns the other half because of him

If DD hadn’t made his failed power play we would be in a much better position now

So DD is responsible for us not being in a better position some 10 years after he left?

With Dein we won the PL three times, including the double twice, the Invincibles season, a CL Final, several FA Cup finals, played some of the best football in Europe and had more elite players than we have ever had.

When he left Wenger said, “It is a huge disappointment because we worked very closely together, David has contributed highly to the success of the club in the last 10 years and even before that as well. Red and white are the colours of his heart.”

“David Dein is needed in football because this guy has revolutionised this club (Arsenal) and also English football. He is top quality.”

Ian Wright said, “I know the players aren’t happy. I know Thierry Henry’s not happy. We’re talking about a man [David Dein] who goes into the dressing room after every single game, shakes every player by the hand and who knows all the youth team players.
I know this for a fact that the manager and the players are 100 per cent behind David Dein and I can see real repercussions coming off the back of this.”

Thierry Henry said that David Dein’s departure as vice-chairman had dismayed him and left him in no doubt that it was time to move on.

Yet you are blaming him for what is happening this season and say, “we would be in a much better position now.”
Even for an AKB that is unbelievable.

2 Likes

I said we’d be in a better position now if DD hadn’t tried to get a stronger position on the board and fucked it up and end up getting himself sacked

We’d be in a much better position now if it wasn’t for DDs actions

He would still be at the club helping wenger as everyone seems to agree that was the key to our success

It would be incredibly arrogant and unjust for Wenger not to take the Europa League seriously from the start.

2 Likes

Sounds like a distinct possibility then.

His not being here is the reason according to a lot of people, it is 100% his fault he got sacked

It’s 100% his fault kronke and everything that has come with him is involved with the club

How is it his David Dein’s fault that Kroenke is involved with the club? Kroenke became interested in buying the club and Dein sided with a different prospective opener in a bid to thwart Kroenke.

Maybe I’ve misremembered.

Google why did DD get sacked

He only got involved with usmanov once he had been kicked off the board for trying to sneak kronke in behind the boards back

It’s pure conjecture. No guarantees DD would have held any power once Stan came on board.

@JakeyBoy Dein first backed Kroenke and Kroenke bout the shares ITV or sky or someone used to own. Then when SK was stalling on following through with a purchase Dein went with Usmanov.

David Dein was kicked off the board because he was the only person in favour of kronke coming aboard, he was inline to be made chairman if that play had gone as he planned, not conjecture

Once that had happened he tried to wrestle his way back into the club by teaming up with usmanov and selling his shares to him and starting “red and white holdings” that didn’t work either and now we are where we are

If he had never tried to get kronke involved and then usmanov involved once he had been sacked we would be in a better position now

If our set up was the same as it was before Dein did all this we would be better off

Fair play gents, thanks for replying. I did think I might have it a bit arse about face

Those go-fuckers still sold their shares in the end. Makes you wonder if he wasn’t right (in hind sight) to back a billionaire.

Well Fiszman would have still died, Bracewell Smith would have still got the hump and some other billionaire would have probably just bought their shares. You can’t state that as fact basically.

3 Likes

I do agree. It would be his first european trophy with us.

Wenger on almost signing Luis Suarez

“He was very close [to signing for Arsenal]. We had an agreement with the player.”

“We had been wrongly advised that he had a clause, but we had an agreement with the player. You can ask him.”

“I’m convinced he wanted to join us. They kept him one more year, improved his contract and promised to sell him the year later.”

Things could have been so different… Right?