Arsène Wenger

Wenger is such a loser, perspective he says whilst mentioning we have " 2 games in hand". The last time I looked we have 1 game in hand compared to Chelsea, why is he always referring to 4th position ?

1 Like

Oh yea, I’m sure you’d be very supportive if he was talking about catching Chelsea. :smile:

I’d rather he just shut up and not speak unless he’s announcing he’s standing down.

3 Likes

If we get the fourth place trophy this season, that really would be an achievement.
Next season we will have two new trophies to challenger for.
The Europa League and the Sixth place trophy.

3 Likes

It’s the fans fault they just expect to much, we should be happy we have a team in the top flight.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The only way Arsene doesn’t stay on is if the board withdraw their offer and ask him to leave. Does our board have the professionalism to do that? I think not so I am more or less convinced he is staying on but what has me worried is the below.

The only reason Wenger wants to stay is because he wants to leave on a high, prove the fans and the rest of the world wrong. Of course, this will result in even more protests, banners, planes and what not but on the footballing side of things, what does Arsene/the club do to give us a high next season?

Let’s say we change the structure of the club by bringing in a Director of Football and various other positions to ease the workload on Arsene. Sounds great except do we honestly expect this to work right away? Very much doubt that.

Let’s say they identify their summer targets early and decide not to penny pinch. In other words, we go on a spending spree. But hang on, didn’t we just spend 90 million on strengthening the squad last summer and now look likely to have our worst season under Arsene?

Also, if Arsene is going to leave in a season, does it even make sense to spend all this money on players that Arsene’s replacement might not want. And how are we going to attract the best talent when we won’t have CL and our best players are leaving?

I just can’t see how Wenger staying is going to improve things next season barring a miracle where Wenger all of a sudden becomes a tactical genius, changes his personality to that of a Klopp or Conte and is able to motivate the team from the sidelines when things aren’t going our way.

3 Likes

I think a lot of fans are definitely anti-board. It would be such a huge and easy victory for them with the fans if they made it clear they were the ones who decided not to extend the contract and they went and got a replacement we could believe in.

1 Like

Exactly.
He spends loads of money and he buys players we are desperate for but always a few seasons after he should have bought them, and still leaves gaping holes in positions we need quality in.

This is an important point.
Wenger’s transfer record in recent seasons has been poor.
He spent good money on Ozil and Sanchez but not because he needed them but because they were to good at that price to turn down.
He doesn’t identify the positions we need to upgrade on, he just goes for bargain players.
I said after he bought Ozil and Sanchez that there was very little risk buying them because they would always have a good resale value and we wouldn’t lose much if we had to sell them, which looks like it’s going to happen.
Trusting Wenger to spend our transfer budget on what he thinks are good players is a waste of money, especially if we are going to get a new manager.

I agree.
He did nothing this season, with all the players he bought and very few injuries.
He is far to stubborn to change that drastically, and he probably thinks that this season is just one of those things, and we will be back challenging for the fourth place trophy next season as usual.

2 Likes

i see you have invented a new thing to complain about. Good work.

2 Likes

I see you haven’t got anything new to complain about.
Good work.

3 Likes

We did need both of those players though. When both were signed it was clear that we needed to bolster and improve our front line. Cazorla might have had a good season at no.10 before we signed Özil but we needed to add class to our front line and in the absence of a world class striker improving our attack in a different way was necessary. It wasnt a striker but what we did was sign the world’s best no.10, a real landmark signing for us. Sanchez may not have played centrally consistently until this year but he was brought in to improve our attack and go some way to answering our striking issues. Even if he did so from a wide left position, he scored 25 goals in his first season and was the closest to a striking solution we’ve had.

There’s so much shit to complain about right now, there’s no need for you to try and turn our two biggest signings into some sort of negative when they are the two biggest positives of the past three years (aside from the FA Cups)

1 Like

Why fabricate things that only serve to wind yourself up though?

International breaks should come with an health warning…

What’s fabricated?

I concede defeat, Wenger’s here for another two years. The PR machine is already kicking into gear. I feel fairly naive as for a while I couldn’t fathom how this man could have the sheer nerve to continue failing in such a manner.

It’s truly depressing, obviously real world events put it well and truly into perspective, but still I guess the positives are all the extra money I can budget over the next two seasons not going to watch the team

Buckle up for two more years of the same, punctuated by occasional moments of comedy

10 Likes

Dont play coy you know exactly what shit you make up and moan about.

I have never complained about buying Ozil and Sanchez.
In fact I have maintained they have been our best and most influential players, and we need more of their quality.
But we bought Ozil rather than replacing Giroud and when we needed a top quality DM rather than Flamini on the cheap.

The fact we haven’t filled the striker or wide midfield positions with world class players to play alongside Ozil and Sanchez is one of the main reasons they won’t sign contracts.

I’ll never be negative about buying world class players and top performers, but it’s the lack of them and the fact we can’t hang on to the ones we have that is Wenger’s failure.

Why do you constantly moan and then come up with stuff like this?
Just tell me what I have fabricated and get on with it.

You tell me what I have fabricated and I will answer you.

I already have told you. Outright stating Wenger only signed Ozil and Alexis because they were cheap is right up there with gems such as Wengers never going to net spend X amount and we will never win a trophy under Wenger or what ever else it is you drone on about.

It’s made up.

2 Likes