Arsène Wenger

I really don’t see the problem of him saying that his career as a manager isn’t over.

1 Like

Why do you think I love the guy so much. Troll level: Expert. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah it’s not a problem, it’s just a little deflating as we know our board likely does not have the balls to give him the Arse.

They absolutely don’t until something calamitous happens, and I think that is worse than not getting top 4. For me, we would have to finish 7th for Arsene to actually get forced out. It is all up to him, which is pathetic management imho.

3 Likes

I agree. The sad thing is though, if he finishes 7th and is let go by the board, all AKB’s gonna be like “After all he’s done! Finishing out of top 4 once in 21 years and being dropped because of it” :facepalm:

2 Likes

He hinted he would like to stay at Arsenal, but i think everything would depend on how we finish our season.

Well we aren’t going past the Rd of 16 in Europe and we aren’t in the Title race.

We have the easiest route into the FA Cup semi finals and then just a game away from the final.
If we do win the FA Cup, he might feel that is a good enough reason to stay, even if we don’t get a top four place, which I don’t think we will.

Not many managers get sacked after winning, what is perceived by many, to be a top trophy, and unless he wants to resign and go out on a winning note, he will get offered a new contract. by the board.

1 Like

LVG got sacked for winning the FA Cup because it isn’t a top trophy. Qualifying for the Champions League was a bigger priority.

4 Likes

The FA cup is a top trophy though, it’s the second best footballing trophy in the country.

LVG getting the sack for not getting his club to the champions league is entirely unrelated.

1 Like

It’s a top trophy no doubt, but it’s not really a barometer for what elite clubs are judged on. That’s performances in the Champions League and your domestic League.

It was also about style. Van Gaal’s style of play was incredibly tedious, more so than Mourinho’s. I guess people don’t mind when you’re winning, but when you’re struggling for top 4 these things will get picked up on.

1 Like

It shouldnt be though. That kind of attitude just diminishes the value of of the cup for no real reason.

It’s snobby.

2 Likes

The thing is though mate, it’s just not a top trophy no matter how much people try to act like it is. There’s a reason the FA have become desperate to reinvigorate people’s interest in the Cup.

They’ve introduced Wembley semi-finals, introduced the people’s FA Cup, tried to get BBC to dedicate entire days towards coverage of the cup.

It’s a nice trophy to win. But it falls below the domestic league and European success.

And that is precisely why Arsenal fans were considerably less excited when we won the 2015 final because we want bigger success. And it’s also exactly why United fans didn’t bat an eyelid when LVG was sacked despite winning it. Because they wanted bigger success.

1 Like

Yes it falls below league and european success, in terms of revenue and prestige. Thats never been in doubt or even questioned.

But i dont see where this ‘league or nothing’ mentality has come from, it’s snobby self entitled bullshit. Uniteds actions arent a reflection of the cups status tbh.

1 Like

This, albeit he should really leave on a high this may.

I look at Wenger and see a no hopper. He’s been a no hopper for about 12 years or more.
He doesn’t do tactics, he does’t do defence, he does’t do a lot of anything.
just get paid £m’s for not a lot.
I’ve heard this one before and it still rings true.
Wenger did’nt make Arsenal. Arsenal made Wenger.
Arsenal were here before Wenger and it will here when he gets round to fkkin off. (I’d sack the useless tw at.).
The only difference will be ARsenal will be winners again and Wenger won’t.

he not like a cricket? sorry it just tickled me!

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

What did those former players say? That Arsene Wenger is done at Arsenal from a title contending standpoint is a fact, I don’t see how that would be unrespectful if they said that.