Arsène Wenger

I don’t want him to sign a new deal. He has completely sucked the joy out of supporting the team and the great moments he provided are becoming few and far between.

We’re out of the title race. We’re probably going to be eliminated from the CL (although I do think we’ll beat Bayern) and the only real chance we have at winning anything is the FA fucking Cup.

How anyone can enjoy this shit year after year is beyond me. The same people who laud him for all he done for the club have to understand his failures are a product of the lofty expectations he set at the peak of his success. We can accept lowered expectations but we’ve become a non entity in the title race now.

7 Likes

When one of the main comments in response to several people’s opinions is saying " Give it a rest" " We know your opinion" you know people are scraping the bottom of the barrel in regards to defending Wenger. God help us if he gets a contract extension.

1 Like

Oh he’s going to get one and this thread is going to be hilarious reading. I personally can’t wait.

2 Likes

You are utterly obtuse. Wenger has nothing to do with that comment. @InvincibleDB10 could have been discussing his favourite time of the day to have a shit for all i care.

The fact is, he moaned about repetition, when all he does is repeat himself. Day in, day out.

1 Like

Shows your simply nothing more than a Wenger Fanatic :joy:

Doesn’t it ever concern you that the main person who likes your posts is @Kaner lol.

6 Likes

We still might do it this season, and if the board want Wenger back, that’s fine too because I do want him to get a couple more shots at it. If we could get Pep or Simeone I might change my tune but you are probably looking at a cheaper option, and in that case I’ll take Wenger all day.

No, it really didn’t.

What gives you the right to tell other people how and when to post?

1 Like

Again, I simply asked you to take your own advice.

It doesn’t take Pep or Simeone to improve upon Wenger. Sampaoli for instance…

1 Like

Well yeah, however even with pep it’s kinda hit or miss whether he’s going to improve the side or fuck it up for a year and quit when the going gets tough.

Considering he’s done the former twice and the latter never I’m not sure ‘it’s kinda hit or miss’ is the right phrase there.

Never been in the PL now has he?

Believe it or not its up to anyone to chose what they beleive .I know what I thought at the time and what I still think now on the matter.

But i dont post hate mail from my bedroom 20 mins b4 a cup final from my bedroom or tell blatant lies like you did Kaner now do I ???

1 Like

Not sure about this view tbh.

What ever happened to going down the football and having a laugh win lose or draw? I feel there’s alot more to supporting a club than the results alone. I personally can’t say my joy at supporting Arsenal comes primarily from the results or that it’s been diminished to the point where I don’t enjoy supporting this team when though Wenger hasn’t been good enough over the last couple of seasons.

If we’ve got it so bad here at Arsenal it really make you really appreciate supporters in the Championship, League 1 & 2 who turn up every week just to support their club despite no real prominent perks like PL football, Champions league or watching top footballers every week.

Anyway in the context of this season it hard for me to deal in absolutes wrt the title race at this stage. Liverpool and Spurs are still in the race yet Arsenal one point off is a non entity? Too early to come any conclusion for me, we’re still in there and there are many twists and turns to come. I think supporters in general have to approach any season with a deluded sense of optimism otherwise what is the point?

7 Likes

Top post. I’m convinced we’re out of the title race again, but it’s possible to let that fact sit in your heart and still absolutely relish being a fan of this great club.

4th place trophy pep? No thanks. :wink:

One things for sure ,the premiership has no respect of reputations as Pep is finding out !
I like many are guilty of overlooking that when I think of and see our own shortcomings but it’s a tough league whichever way you look at it !
Every year throws up another challenger ,every year,somone goes off the boil and starts again .
We have maintained a balance and whilst the football we play drives me to distraction we have until now been consistent,if boring !

1 Like

But we aren’t a championship club or lower level club so I don’t have the same expectations those fans do. I grew up and my some of my first great football memories involve us winning the title. That’s the expectations you develop as a fan of a big club. I don’t even expect us to be dominant, we absolutely never was and nobody will be for a while in the current landscape. I just expect us to be competitive again yet the last few years have seen us play dire football, fail to address obvious squad issues, get eliminated from European competition at the same stage, lose a title race in which we were obviously the team best equipped to do so (in terms of stability and whatnot).

I think it’s easy to act like there’s a lot more to supporting a team than results but it’s a results based business. I’ve supported the team for years and will always do so. But my support doesn’t involve blindly following and enjoying the same old drivel and continued mistakes time and time again. That’s when I support my team in a different way - I start to become vocal about wanting change and I’m one of those fans at the stadium who will voice his displeasure after the match.

Supporting your team is done in a lot of ways. I’m there at the stadium for 10 or so games a season. I watch us on TV. I’ll watch us whether we’re battling for 4th or going down to Olympiakos in the Chanpions League. I just can’t enjoy it when I know that after 20 games in a season the same patterns are emerging yet again. That’s not what I enjoy seeing.

That doesn’t mean I don’t support my team. It just means I’m fed up of the same shit happening year in year out. I’ll still sit here and watch it whether Wenger gets a 10 year extension or not. I just won’t be happy with it and I certainly won’t enjoy it.

6 Likes

Fair enough, there any many different ways to support a football club. I think what some people can’t wrap their heads around is why you would continue to follow the team so closely for so long if you can’t derive any enjoyment from it. Because there are definitely ups along with the downs, even at a remarkably predictable and repetitive club like Arsenal, that is just football. So why not also be happy about the good things, however limited in significance they may seem in the larger picture.

1 Like