Arsène Wenger

Giroud hinting at Wenger staying?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170113/-i-m-happy…-part-of-the-arsenal-family-

@Drayton made it fairly clear that Wenger didnt sell those players i thought?

Arsene Wenger will agree a new deal with Arsenal in March, according to reports.
Arsenal expect to tie Wenger down to a new 2-year deal during the international break in March, allowing them to focus on extensions for key players Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, according to the Mirror,

Sad news indeed about Wonga getting a new 2 year deal.:scream:

2 Likes

There’s nothing more wrong with him/us now compared to two years ago when he last signed on so there’s no reason to think he wouldn’t get a deal.

I can’t think of any manager of a big club less deserving of a new deal.

3 Likes

The thing is that was clearly a message to the board, ie Wenger wanted to keep Nasri/RVP whether they signed or not. But Kroenke wasn’t letting them walk for free

1 Like

Glad to hear Wenger will get a couple more shots at it. He’ll win one within the next three years.

Imagine he wins one in the third year mate. That would mean he went 16 years without winning a league title. Nearly two decades lol

and??? So what? There are many clubs that have big dry spells Liverpool aint wont the league since it began Barca had a massive dry spell so did Manu, you are gonna tell us they are not big clubs because of their barren runs? It is not ideal but there are lots of big clubs that have gone a while without Major silverware and we have had silverware recently not just the top ones!

1 Like

It would all be worth it.

Point being though they didnt keep the same manager. Definition of a big club is expectation on the manager. 2 FA cups in a decade shouldnt cut it.
Even with the stadium move we should of been capable of not going 9 years without a trophy.

3 Likes

To be honest Wenger’s contract situation cannot be compared to any other. As far as the board are concerned he is meeting all objectives, whether we like him or not.

4 Likes

In the same way David Moyes did at Everton for a decade.

Just a personal opinion, but I don’t believe Arsene Wenger can be remotely compared to David Moyes.

Drawing the comparrison about the board and manager meeting requirements.
Wasnt having ago at your post which is factually correct. In the last decade Moyes has proved himself a loser. Wenger has become an under achiever imo.

2 Likes

Loser - under achiever stroller? Potato - potato. Whatever.lol.

The odds on me winning the premiership title are better than wengers.
He’s dead in the water. He needs to be rescued and buried.

How do we know he is meeting all their objectives in stead of them just being afraid to tackle the status quo and a man with his legacy compared to theirs (Kroenke/Gazidis) being nothing in football? I think the hierarchy is crooked at the club right now.

Paddy power have us at 10/1 but no listing for ‘len to win the pl’ for some strange reason.

3 Likes

Just a question for you, what’s the longest league Title drought another big club in Europe has had ( Us aside) with the same manger ?

who gives a fuck about manager status etc is it going to change anything? fact of the matter is droughts happen, we all know that a change is needed but we are not in control of that so suck it up (as much as it hurts nothing can change until the powers that be decide to change things) or support another team only 2 options really!

1 Like