Arsène Wenger

I think our squad talent wise is considerably stronger than it was in 12/13.

Why should we forget our opponents, point tallys and what position we finish in. Isn’t that what we watch football for to be the best. I want our side to have the best point tally’s, finishing 1st and leaving our opponents in the dust. Anything else doesn’t mean shit.

You think we’ve improved tremendously, we are so stagnant right now. We at least before Ozil were playing great football and still had the tactical defaults and bottling . Nothing has changed, we’re still bottling it and have the tactical defaults (no Plan B) but worse of all we aren’t playing the best football in the league anymore. We haven’t made any strides in anything, maybe the odd season not finishing in 4th place when one of our rivals bottle it not cause of our good play. No one with the desire of wanting to win titles and Cl’s would come to Arsenal let’s be honest.

Alexis been leader will only go as far, if Wenger stays he ain’t winning no titles, simple as. Alexis wants the winners medal not the 4th place trophy of Wenger, his fan boys and the board seem to treasure. He better get himself to a Chelsea or City or move to PSG or Juventus if wants a sniff of a title.

2 Likes

If that’s the case then supporting a football team must mean almost constant disappointment and emptiness for you.

It did occur to me that maybe I shouldn’t take that final sentence too literally, but then I decided to anyway.

2 Likes

The reality is our squad is more talented than 3 years ago yet we still aren’t any better as a side, which speaks volumes about our manager’s ability to get the best out of our players.

3 Likes

Even if we have more talent it hasn’t translated to our performances on the pitch.

3 Likes

TA Stuggled with life away from football many do as all they know from age 5 is football,they lead a cosseted life . But TA was a leader on the field that every club needs . Theres nothing wrong with bawling out your colleagues its good to be a sore loser . we need more on field tantrums instead of sheepish cowardice and slinking off.

3 Likes

I dunno, i think it kinda has. Earlier this season it was widely acknowledged we were playing our best football in years.

We havent fulfilled our potential but improvements are definitely there.

That was a stretch of three games or so. When you see how teams disarm and dismantle us in the exact same manner as three years ago (tight in the centre of the pitch, quick in transition etc), it’s not unfair to say nothing has change. I mean we’re fundamentally better at one-touch football and creating when we had Fabregas and Nasri than we are now.

3 Likes

Yeah but recently we have played Chelsea, United City etc and beaten them convincingly and deservedly.

If that blueprint truely existed we would be losing all our games and not beating some of them by 3 goal margins etc.

I also dont want to hear shit about chelsea and new tactics etc. They played the same tactic against us as they always had with players that have been playing together for years. They got dicked on and that was all Arsenal.

We might not have been losing, but that blueprint is why we have kept dropping points.

It’s that blueprint why Wenger can’t beat an average manager like Koeman, because how he sets his teams up, is what we can’t cope with (tight, good organisation, quick on the counter). It’s why we haven’t beaten Tottenham, since 2014 in the League since Poch is slightly similar (tight, good organisation, pressing). Not too mention what Mourinho has done to Wenger. Or Ferguson. He even gave a proper explanation of how to beat us in his autobiography.

Those wins are split over two seasons. We are 3-8-5 against top 6 in those two season. 3 times out of 16(!) have we been good in those kind of games. But keep bragging about it. It’s that blueprint why we are 1-2-2 against top 6 teams currently and why we are eight points behind Chelsea.

4 Likes

Lol what am i bragging about exactly?

I feel like you read all my posts in some weird way.

Like I said yesterday (I think?). All your posts are justifications in a way of our failings, even if you don’t want to admit that. There’s very little of taking a good look at Arsenal and how we are managed.

Bragging is not the just word choice, but referring to those games as some sort of standard is nonsense. More often than not we’re found out in those games.

Not really justifying anything. I identify what our failings are and try to provide some balance and perspective.

The very fact you used the word bragging would highlight that the tone and purpose of my post isnt clear or is completely lost on you :smile:

1 Like

No not at all, you’re doing that by taking incidents/rare perfomances and refer at them as common. Or by claiming we’re getting stronger every year, when we’ve just had our worst season in the three seasons performance-wise. You maybe want to provide balance and perspective, but what you are doing is projecting.

Completely lost on you it is. Have a nice day.

I bet it must be nice though, those pink glasses.

Up to RVP lean
Bing I expected us to win prem every season. Lost Faith in Wenger after that.
Any manager who thought Silvestre would strengthen our team should be shot with shit.

To six currently vs each other

Chelsea 3-0-3
Liverpool 4-3-0
Tottenham 2-3-1
Man City 2-0-4
Arsenal 1-2-2
Man Utd 0-3-2

Umm don’t see how we are worse?

The problem is we should have beaten Leicester, Middlesbrough, Bournemouth and Everton; those matches is where we let ourselves down

Just watched an interview with Denis Law invincible and he said excaptly what you are saying here.
He said the captain was only there to spin a coin the real captains were on the pitch.
He referred to McKay and Brenner in the scoticsh team when he played.
You refer to Adams, Vieira, known, Lauren etc.
All captains.
You look at our pussy team now and all we have is coin spinners.
Except le coq n Sanchez.

3 Likes

Rose tinted glasses. And it is much better than just being negative all the time.

1 Like