Arsenal's Best Possible Starting XI?

Cech
         Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Kolasinac
                 Wilshere Xhaka
               Ramsey Özil Sànchez
                    Lacazette
3 Likes

Multiple people mentioning Jack for their teams. The Wilshere revolution is upon us and you shall all be converted, you have no choice. :sunglasses:

(It’d be greatly appreciated if no-one mentioned that I didn’t select him in mine. Cheers.)

5 Likes

Struggling for a decent 5 a side team tbh.

2 Likes

Now that’s not much fun is it.

What’s up with all this Wilshere love? :bellerin: @Persona

1 Like
                         Cech 
                  Mustafi Koscielny  
              Bellerin           Kolasinac 
                           Elneny 
              Walcott                Iwobi 
                   Ramsey
                               Giroud 
                          Laca 

Sit deep. Pass long ball, preferably to Girouds head so he can flick it on to Laca or our speedy wingers. Or just long behind the opponent defenders. Let’s go all out Leicester if that’s what our board wants.

1 Like

Cech
Bellerin - Moose - Kos - Kola

El Neny or Xhaka (pick your poison)

Iwobi Ramsey Sanchez

Ozil    

Laca
1 Like

I think we just can’t afford playing with a double pivot in 4-2-3-1 or a centre midfield pairing in a 3-4-3. No control whatsoever in midfield. I think we either need to adopt 4-3-3, like Peter Bosz is currently doing, or 4-4-2 diamond. Since Ozil best position is number 10 I’d prefer the latter and Bellerin and Kolasinac, in normal doing, seem to have the ability to cover their sides of the field.

3 Likes

4-2-3-1 would require more Coq, as he seems to be the only one capable of toughing out defensive duties. Our (available) midfield pairings all seem to have a major flaw though; Elneny is a utility, Xhaka DLP and Ramsey the marauder/b2b. All key abilities but we seriously miss Cazorla’s cauldron of combinations.

Seri would have been an astute signing in this regard, less gifted than Santi as far as I can tell but manages those defensive and attacking transitions superbly. Sit him next to Xhaka and we’ll have a balanced midfield. Anyway, we scuppered that thought and remain with the same formula as last season.

4-3-3:

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Kol
Xhaka
Ramsey - Özil
W/W - Laca - Alexis

Tight defensive line, no need for Mustafi to expose Kos, Xhaka shields/plays DLP, Ramsey recycles, Özil 10 feeding whatever he deems necessary to his frontmen.

Still think we’ll find it uncomfortable getting pressed in the centre but that’s Arsenal for you. Requires in-game tweaks which, well, pah! We beat some, we don’t. We finish top 6, what’s the hassle?

Edit: Would love to start integrating Reiss-Nelson on that RW soon too, gives us another edge to the athletic approach you’d get from Welbeck or Walcott (heh).

5 Likes
                   Cech

HB. SM. LK. SK/NM
FC
AR. GX
MO. AL. AS

1 Like

w/e
w/e w/e w/e w/e
w/e w/e
w/e w/e iwobi
w/e

4 Likes

Is our team that bad that we have to include Coquelin in the best 11? Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Coquelin wouldn’t start for the Australian national team, it’s sad that some actually see him as a 1st eleven player for Arsenal.

3 Likes

Needs must!

2 Likes

It depends on who we’re playing but it’s all about the balance, the way Madrid line up especially in the big games are the perfect example of that.

1 Like

Wait until next season when we won’t have Sanchez and Ozil.

Jardim and Zidane bringing 4-4-2/4-4-2 diamond back #legends.

1 Like

Simeone?

1 Like

Casemiro > Coquelin and Xhaka can’t play #8.