Arsenal - West Brom (Premier League)

Maybe now i can understand why Wenger barely plays Lucas. Wrong attitude.

Safe to say upon seeing the result that I’m glad I didn’t change my plans just to watch this :grinning:

2 Likes

Yep - best game from Gabby I have seen that I can recall too… lots of positives today even though it was one of those games we knew we were going to be in for a scrap and just trying to punch through their bus.

Oh geez I don’t know lol

Xhaka was pretty arse again this game. Slow and inaccurate, and then he was given a lot of space, WBA backed up against the wall immediately when we had possession.

You may be right, but I would still like to remind of the theory that maybe we should withhold judgement for a while, with Xhaka as with Perez Wenger said they’re not ready, they’re probably playing anyway because we have injuries or we are desperate to rotate/rest, I think they’re not producing at their intended capacity yet.

As far as a lack of quality on Left wing in our squad, perhaps Lucas is being trained to take/cover that spot as a side thing (…)? At least he can cross the ball like a proper winger should and he can clearly finish if need be as well. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Important late goal in the race for 4th & our first clean sheet since October.

1 Like

THANK GOD YOU ARE HERE. Honestly, its actually mind numbing how much gets attributed to him and it’s really time we had some balance.

Much like Coquelin, a handful of individuals are desperate to not be wrong, and just sit waiting for the chance to bang the drum and regurgitate some hate.

Let it go people.

2 Likes

Much needed win no matter how we won, still a shame that out of the last three games we needed 7 points minimum and we’re sitting here with 3.

Suppose a consolation is United won’t leapfrog us after the next game, but again it’s a damn shame that’s what we can look to as positives at this stage.

Didn’t watch game. Get the feeling we need an out and out striker.

I seen we had 21 shots on goal.

So I take it we dominated them and finally got our breakthrough goal at the end?

First half was crap, second half was very good, imo. Forster was outstanding.

1 Like

I don’t think it was 21 on goal. 21 attempts probably.

1 Like

I hope you’re right…

Pretty much. Would have been 5-0 if not for Foster.

2 Likes

Yeah those two saves he made with his legs were pretty impressive.

Just watch the highlights :wink:

Nooo I just meant Forster and Foster are not the same person :wink:

I saw the game earlier. Foster was decent, makes the result better though when you have to work really hard for it. Tough luck on Foster though. Can imagine him going back to the changing room after like “FFS guys, I’m not Superman”.

1 Like

My bad! I always get confused with them :smiley:

Easily done. Both English. Both average.

1 Like

First half was mind numbingly boring. Didnt seem to have a semblance of a plan.
Picked up the energy level in the 2nd half. Excellent finish by Giroud saved the day.
90 tense minutes against an average side suggests were not turning any corners here.

He really wasnt. Made like two decent saves, we didn’t challenege him beyond that.

We won so ultimately im happy but fucking hell we are so ineffectual in breaking teams down. Its atrocious to watch.

1 Like