Arsenal Vs Watford (PL)

Did you know?

Arsenal have won their last seven league matches against Watford, netting 19 goals in the process.

Only against Newcastle United (nine) are Arsenal on a longer active winning run in league competition than v Watford (seven along with Charlton Athletic)

Alexis Sanchez has scored in all three of his previous Premier League appearances against Watford and also has two assists versus the Hornets.

The Gunners have scored a PL-high six goals in the 90th minute or later this season and also have the most goals in the 80th minute or later (12).

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Watford win

0 voters

Cech

Bellerin Koscielny Mustafi Monreal

Coquelin Ramsey

Perez Ozil Sanchez

Giroud

Subs: Gabriel, Mertesacker, Chamberlain, Jeff, Iwobi, Walcott

-----------------------Cech----------------------
Gabriel—Mustafi—Kosh—Nacho
-------------Coq------------Ramsey---------
Perez--------------Iwobi----------Sanchez
----------------------Giroud----------------------

I want to rest Ox, Walcott, Welbeck, and Özil. Need them fresh for next weekend against Chelsea.

Can’t imagine AW rests Ozil two games in a row. Ozil and Sanchez will play. Welbeck should go back to bench so he doesn’t risk injury coming back too fast - can get some minutes at end if we need extra attacker. Theo is interesting case - probably similar to Welbeck put him on bench and get some minutes to ease him back - both looked really good today. I’d give Perez some more minutes and I reckon Ollie will start again, but we’ll see.

God, afrer today we’re all on a high. Win win win.

1 Like

We’re gonna be slow and ponderous as fuck, but we’ll win.

1 Like

That was some boring ass football today eh sham?? :welbeck: Too bad we missed out on Klopp now that’s some exciting brand of football he has his team playing :theo:

1 Like

Cech in goal with Gabriel on the right and Nacho on the left. Coq and Ramsey in midfield, Ozil - Iwobi and Alexis behind Giroud.

Got the feeling it will be a frustrating evening and we will win it late again. 2-1 Arsenal.

Only caught the last ten mins so can’t really comment.

I have never said I wanted Klopp because of how his team’s play but nice try. :slight_smile:

Have a feeling this will be a Giroud late winner game rather than a 4-0 thrashing.

Watford have one of the worst defences in the league.

Comfortable 3-0 win. Come on you gunners!

No Giroud.

Prefer Welbeck or Sanchez up top. Movement is quicker and more fluid with those guys.

1 Like

I promise I pressed Watford on the poll by accident :facepalm:

I don’t want anything to do with @TheSpecialCnut tbh.

You can change your vote :+1:

Done and done, cheers :welbeck:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t rate Watford really and they really piss me off after stopping our run to a possible hattrick of Fa Cups.

Welbeck, Walcott and Perez all pressing for recalls so should be an interesting team selection, whether Giroud gets the nod or whether Wenger is tempted by a quicker side.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if Welbeck or Walcott start this game.
I think one, or both, of them will make an appearance at some point, we need as many in form players as we can for the game after at Chelsea.

If we score early we should win this by at least two or three clear goals.
I’ll go for 3-0 or more.

The FA actually asked Watford if they’d like this fixture moved to Wednesday, to save them playing 2 games in 3 days but they said no because they’d rather have longer to prepare for Burnley at the weekend. They’re basically writing off our game. That’s the spirit.

8 Likes

Feels really good to have a diversity of options in our forward line going into an important period. Like to see Giroud start here then benched for Chelsea away