Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (PL)

The fuck? Özil was involved in everything we created, and we should have scored at least two goals.

4 Likes

Second half was just dire. Very lathargic and uninspiring all round.

We started the game really fast and I think it backfired later on. Both sides looked really disjointed at times, it was almost like a game down the park where formation just goes out of the window. Poor tactically from both.

Dissapointed in Koscielny to make that mistake because he has been a monster so far this season. They got their tails up after that peno and we struggled.

It was a really weird and unorganised game. cant really take many positives or negatives from these games sometimes as it was just both sides going for the win non stop.

1 Like

The game in Bulgaria was 5 days before the NLD, one was on a Tuesday and this was on a Sunday.

Piss poor performance and a total lack of on the field application. Spurs come with 3 at the back and we fail to press them . Worse Awobi and Walcott gave zero defensive cover time and again. Having survived we then take over and should have been out of sight by half time. 2nd half we go to sleep. Spurs were utter shit today and we couldnt beat them . Bold move from Wenger almost backfired as the OX almost singlehandedly tried to give the game away. Ramsey was awful too. On reflection we were lucky to get anything out of the game. No player had a good game .

3 Likes

The players would’ve been home in their leafy Hertfordshire gated communities by early morning on Wednesday, I don’t buy any tiredness excuse one bit.

1 Like

Sadly a draw was a fair result. Seen a lot of people saying the penalty was soft but i dont think it was, Cant stand Clattenburg but he was in the perfect position to give that and if it had been one of ours on the receiving end of a tackle like that we’d be screaming for a blatant pen

Our game never really got going though. For Walcott to say after that it took us time to get used to them playing 3 at the back is just ridiculous. Boro done it last week so whats so fucking hard to get used to?

Thought Coq and Xhaka both did well and Monreal looked ok

Possibly could of got Giroud on a bit earlier as we could of done with his height for crosses and his power. Ox was a total joke when he came on. Jeez what the hell has happened to him? Had such high hopes but i’m just not so sure anymore

Ramsey was his normal glory hunting self! Winds me up so much when he take a shot from a ridiculous distance or angle when there is a better option. We want our players to be a bit greedier in front of goal but he just takes it to the extreme imo

I suppose its a good point though and we didnt lose which is the main thing

2 Likes

Pochettino is the first ever Tottenham manager to remain unbeaten in his first five top-flight north London derbies.

Not a good look at all.

1 Like

Has Wenger in his pocket sadly. Wondering if we will ever beat them in the league again lol :disappointed:

HIs formation last night was spot on.
Nullified all our attacking.
Wenger needs to sit down & analyse every bit of the match to make sure we are not so average again.

1 Like

Hardly has Wenger in his pocket

If he did we would of lost to them last season when down to 10 men at their ground or in the cup game where Flamini scored 2

12 Likes

All this praise for Tottenham yesterday is a joke to be honest. Look no further than our own utterly flat performance for that result. Even then we still could have taken a crap 1-0 W. We were awful! Literally nothing to do with Spurs being tight defensively. They were actually quite below their usual selves defensively. I understand that they have been defending well under Pochettino but yesterday that had almost nothing to do with our failure.

3 Likes

I didn’t see the game live and going by what a WUM Spurs guy I work with was saying, Arsenal being ‘really lucky’ et all I don’t see what the overreaction is all about after watching the highlights. Certainly felt like two points dropped though after reading up about it.

I imagine our chances in isolation (we had around 10 good chances iirc) during highlights maybe take the blemish off the game slightly, whereas everyone watching it live would be judging every poor bit of play from us, I understand that. Spurs looked like they didn’t have anywhere near as much as us.

What is clear is that we didn’t take our chances with any conviction, which that is slightly worrying given our fine goal scoring form from both Mesut and Sanchez. Iwobi, Walcott, Özil x2, Giroud and maybe Xhaka (if he had a longer neck) were all fantastic chances that should be getting put away. Put one of those away and Spurs are on the ropes. Play any big team and these chances are gold dust on the occasion because they can hit back with one or two more. That must be stressed to these players, it simply must. Both Ox and Ramsey will be under close inspection with every minute they play now, especially as they’ll be used sparingly as subs. Good luck to them.

I’ll be glad to see Perez and Welbeck return in a couple of months time which will put paid to some of the fringe guys that simply can’t affect things in big games.

Some people on this board will only have seen / watched us lose at home to Tottenham once in the league in their lifetime.

I’d say we have them in our pocket.

3 Likes

Yeah we didn’t lose to them in the league in the glory period of November 99 to April 2010, its been very 50-50 for the last 6 years.

We haven’t beat them in the league since he was appointed in Summer 2014. 5 games. The most important competition. It was brilliant watching Flamini score two and beat them at WHL but we both rested players. Spurs rested their whole first choice defence bar Rose

I want to beat them when we both have proper teams out in the league. March 2014 is too long man lol

1 Like

Not exactly an endorsement of Wenger as a manager that the first competent manager Tottenham have had since I can remember and lookey here, there’s this record.

Us not winning three years in row in the League from the ‘little brother’ is not something to brag about either.

1 Like

The point really is that if you entertain thoughts of winning the league you must win your home games ,end of story !
We have recently dropped points against Boro and Spuds and we are now in November historically our bad month .
A win against UTD is now essential !
I hate the interlull but maybe having 1 less game in November is a good thing !

4 Likes

Not a result that we were looking for, but a tie was not a disaster either.
It was really an exciting NLD…