Arsenal vs Southampton (Premier League)

Mkhi really should’ve demanded Arsenal. He’s getting ruined by Mourinho and would have thrived at us.

1 Like

That is what happens when you follow your wallet more than your heart. He has always said he would want to move to us but then Manu paid stupid money (not for how valuable he is but he could have been bought for much cheaper) and put him on a crazy contract.

Did we actually bid for him, though? For some reason I get the feeling we were never going to sign a winger/wide attacking midfielder.

Fuck Mkhi. Fuck all them players that play for United. Pogba’s price tag was absolutely laughable. Notice how they went to playing LVG long ball to Fellaini when losing. Nothings changing over there. Hope we stuff them.

6 Likes

Yeah, I don’t even know tbh. I remember at some stage there were some rumours we were going for him pretty early in the window, but they weren’t all that strong and died down quickly.

Not surprising at all… I mused if it was one reason Ozil struggled so much, notwithstanding his abnormal poor first touch on Theo’s pass.

In general, our offensive fluidity has gone - we haven’t had it consistently in years. That first 20 minutes yesterday was awful, awful football.

1 Like

It’s safe to say our attacking talent bar the ‘big three’ is pis poor. I know Wilshere had a lot going on, but loaning him out wasn’t the smartest thing to do as far as squad balance goes in my opinion. We’re stuck with brainless runners/athletes.

1 Like

Was scrolling through the forums today looking at the player threads for Mustafi and Perez and yeah, despite everyone saying “it’s early days” etc, we still never fail to still make big immediate judgements based on fuck all. We sports fans never learn.

3 Likes

I wish there was an [I like this so much more than 1 like is worth]-button.

Considering the fact Redmond their player dived and got Monreal booked that led to the free kick for their opening goal, and our “soft” penalty, which had Fonte pulling Giroud down or the extended leg tripping him over. I guess it balances out. If we cancel out both goals, can’t see how Southampton think they deserve a point or a win when Koscielny delivered an acrobatic wonder goal. Oh I notice their players seeming to complain about his head height foot.

Performance wasn’t great, but to say we didn’t deserve to win and their fans crying injustice for the penalty. On all the accounts above, they should shut up about it.

Eh, pretty sure Monreal made contact with him, and even if he didn’t it’s a foul. The tackle was reckless and is a foul whether contact is made or not. Monreal also stepped on Long in the corner right before we hoofed it up and subsequently had the penalty awarded. Southampton fans are definitely in their rights to feel aggrieved.

Karma be a harsh mistress.

1 Like
1 Like

Which also leads to a gap between our centre back and our midfielders and when we actually do lose possesion (which happens often with our players) and since our counter pressing is not good, f.e. we don’t apply/or really suck at the Ajax/Barcelona 7-second rule, it explains why we’re still so vulnerable against counterattacks.