Arsenal vs Reading (EFL Cup)

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/chts.mp4?token=1478729270_d68a4adb8ac1752c922cd73fb1a63c192b30026c

4 Likes

Wow

Posted it in the wrong thread :laughing:

Itā€™s funny, when somebody in front of me stands for something, what I would do is stand up myself. Then people behind me would stand. And so on and so forth. Surely Londonā€™s best upper/middle class minds can figure out this and other solutions.

The absence of noise at The Emirates is actually dreadfully bad. Safer standing must surely be thought of?

Tbf College football atmosphere is actually pretty good. IMO better than the NFL teams, apart from maybe the Seahawks, even if they are cringey bastards about it #12thman

1 Like

It really appears to me that there is no appetite for this at any level of the game apart from the fans. The current situation where the law effectively prohibits it suits everybody I reckon.

Oh it is, the wifey graduated from USC and I got to sit in the student section a lot. Best atmosphere at a sporting event Iā€™ve ever been in. The band, mascots, cheerleaders, itā€™s cracking. I always imagined though a premier league match would outshine that. Although seeing stuff like this makes me think Iā€™d be massively disappointed.

I think that on the whole people have been pretty welcoming to gunner girl. But if you say that Ox is world class youā€™re going on get people responding. I canā€™t imagine she actually meant it, meaning it was said purely to get a reaction. Which it did.

Person says something provocative, provokes some rather mild reaction. Iā€™m not sure what your problem is on this one tbh.

ACā€™s been following me like flies around shit. :smiley:

Well itā€™s mainly the girl aspect of it, any time a girl comes around here people start making jokes and getting all giddy as if she were exuding cyber pheromones or some shit.

And nah MM, Iā€™ve got enough personal trolls myself to have any desire to do it to someone else.

But yeh, I do notice that thereā€™s definitely some wolf like behaviour toward new members in general

I think itā€™s hilarious season ticket holders think they ā€˜ownā€™ their seat. Youā€™re not the only one, itā€™s seems to be quite common people think that. But you donā€™t own your seat. You havenā€™t bought it. Youā€™ve rented it for a particular time. Outside that time itā€™s the clubs to the with it what it pleases. Not yours.

To be honest, new member or not, male or female, if you start saying both Theo and Ox are world class then expect some sort of challenging response. Its the nature of message boards in general. Nothing personal at all!

1 Like

:joy:

I actually agree with you, some people are pretty cringey with female members, its a really bad look. However I donā€™t think thatā€™s what was happening in this thread.

1 Like

Itā€™s enough to make one think about pretending theyā€™re male, right :giroud:

Well thatā€™s great, except the guy who got turfed out of his seat paid the same Ā£10 for that seat that the person behind them did. Whose right is prioritised higher?

Look, I accept thereā€™s no practical solution to it. Someoneā€™s going to get disadvantaged. In my view that person shouldnā€™t be the person whoā€™s paid Ā£1000 to the Club for that seat.

Iā€™ve only recently come to realise what a nightmare General Sale matches must be, iā€™m just glad I donā€™t goto them anymore, plus my seat is in row 16 of 29 so I have a lower chance of this happening anyway.

If you want a name change do let us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha you keep dropping these hints but I just canā€™t see you being a xx chromosomer. No cuela, robincito, no cuela.

@JakeyBoy maybe not but I guess the idea is I think it wouldnā€™t hurt to not scare away new members male or female by being a dick. We act like dicks enough between us ā€˜regularsā€™ that saving that little extra bit of dick behaviour towards newish members shouldnā€™t destabilise us too much.

@AbouCuellar Having spent the better part of the last 14 years on various different forums across the Internet, let me tell me you boys something: this ainā€™t nothing.

The level of cringeworthy behaviour towards female members on this forum is so low that it barely registers on my radar. Iā€™ve seen some truly horrific stuff out there, stuff thatā€™ll have your toes curling for days, but OA doesnā€™t even compare haha

I actually think weā€™re really good for it, plus the levels of flaming on here are super low too.

5 Likes

Agree.

Also true.