Arsenal vs Reading (EFL Cup)

• Arsenal win after 90 minutes
  • Reading win after 90 minutes
  • Arsenal win after extra time
  • Reading win after extra time
  • Arsenal win on penalties
  • Reading win on penalties

0 voters

Gabriel, Holding, Reine-Adelaide, Chamberlain, Perez and Iwobi are probably going to start tomorrow. Nothing to suprising.

The perfect match day thread OP for how excited I am about this one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I reckon most people can’t be bothered, but it’s still the Arsenal playing :slight_smile:.

7-4 Arsenal.

1 Like

Could’ve at least attempted to make a poll @SDGooner :smiley:

Wouldn’t mind another 7-5 this time :wink: Didn’t even realise the game was tomorrow. Though it’s not on TV anyways.

So Jenk will play. Can’t wait to see him back on the pitch.

Source?

We’ll send out the kids, Reading will send out their first team, we’ll lose, no-one will care, the end.

It will be the exact same XI vs Nottingham Forest, apart from perhaps Zelalem in for Xhaka if he’s still suspended (haven’t checked).

Would assume Xhaka suspended, which is too bad, but will give the younger lads a chance. Like to see a nice sprinkling of 3-4 youngsters, even if only for 20 minutes. I reckon we will have enough to get the result. 3-1 to the Arsenal.

Really hope we get to see his debut.

1 Like

This is what I’d like to see.

--------Giroud---------------
Lucas-----Jeff-----------Ox
----Elneny—Zelalem--------
Gibbs-Gabriel-Holding-AMN

Willock, Chuba, and Bielik to come off the bench.

If Ozil, Alexis, or Theo are in the starting lineup, I’ll be pissed.

Who is he?

1 Like

I like you, always optimistic ;). We beat Nottingham with our kids.

1 Like

Would like something like this. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Chamberlain in a more central role, though.

For me its bigger than the CL game last week. Might be a bit of a sad statement to some, but I want to win this thing.
City Chelsea the last 2 winners of this. Good enough for them. … .
Make the changes by all means but dont be complacent. Get it done.
3 1 Arsenal

3 Likes

Exactly. We need to improve our record in this cup.

I wouldn’t start Giroud, I’d bring him on with 25 left him so he can build up some match fitness.

We going to need him in good condition for Sunderland away.

1 Like

Yeah I think Giroud will come off the bench at best tonight. The game has surely come too soon for 90 minutes from Jenkinson also.

Front 4 of Perez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Reine-Adelaide and Akpom for me.

Reading are probably better than Forest going on the positions in the table, but we’re at home and the XI that won at Forest played well enough to convince me for tonight. Scoreline ran away a bit towards the end with the late goals, but we still bossed it against Forest apart from the early stages.

1 Like

Is Debuchy still an Arsenal player?

I believe he just trains with us until his contract runs out, or he gets signed by someone else (unlikely).