Arsenal Vs Östersund (UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg)

Through with a defeat. Speechless :xhaka: :hipster: :facepalm: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Losing to that side at home is an absolute embarrassment, we really should be giving up our spot in the draw after that shambles…

4 Likes

So we invited Ikea FC into our home, let them use a changing room that is bigger than their ground, gave the little people a chance to play in a decent stadium and we even wore that horrendous blue kit because they’re too poor to have a third kit.

And then they have the fucking audacity to beat us! Shocking!

3 Likes

This team finds more ways to surprise me :joy::joy:

4 Likes

:eyes::wink:

We went through, didn’t we? :sunglasses:

But yes, I momentarily forgot that this club are capable of pretty much anything at the moment!

I blame @Phoebica and his silly banters.

Upsets can happen but the way we went about applying ourselves to this game was insanely unprofessional. The Wenger era can’t end soon enough. Can’t emphasise how bad a job the man is doing.

2 Likes

:see_no_evil:

https://twitter.com/beautifulgroan/status/966796506907934720

Well…

Looking back on my posts about this, I said there’s “no chance they will win the game” :smile:

Will get diminished slightly in light of us still going through but their achievement at beating Arsenal in London on the night is remarkable :clap:

3 Likes

Indeed it is. I was out so saw nothing…I hope they celebrated a bit at the final whistle?

1 Like

They did the players and staff went over and celebrated with the away fans

2 Likes

I think this evening illustrates that the ridiculous complacency with which Arsenal and indeed Arsenal fans have treated the Europa League is totally misplaced.

Looking at this as a competition we should be winning is at best massively optimistic. We are a club that has proven at every turn that it can’t compete in Europe. There are teams in this competition that can, and would beat us over 2 legs or in a final.

Our performance in the Europa League has been barely adequate, we have played without motivation or quality and at the first sign of serious opposition we will be found out and put out.

11 Likes

Fair play to them. It’s a fantastic result for them.

It’s funny that whilst worrying about getting Atletico I forgot just how shit we are, especially in Europe. This competition really isn’t going to be that easy to win lol

1 Like

So let me get this straight not only does he pick a shit lineup he also gets embarrassed at home to Oystersons?

This is why you pick kids in these games, when you’re as shit a manager as Wenger and totally at the whim of the psychology of the players you can at least pick some youngins with a point to prove. The result certainly wouldn’t’ve been different. And it wouldn’t’ve been such a wasted 90 minutes, just another of many under Wenger.

But really, Wenger finds new lows, like Mourinho, he’s something of a disaster artist, to steal the title from that film.

Nah. There was nothing misplaced about the way people were talking about Oystersons. This reminds me of the talk about Leicester winning the title being more about them being good than us being shit. Load of shite that. This is all about us being shit and having a shit, incompetent manager, which is the constant between the Leicester debacle and this.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/europaleague/status/966813386095890432

2 Likes

And that Bradford game. :arteta:

1 Like

Difference was Bradford was the fucking league cup, and we were very much at a different stage of rebuilding from the losses of van Persie, Fábregas, Nasri, etc. where the waters were muddied enough to believe (for someone that really wanted to believe it, like myself, of course) that we were going somewhere, that Wenger still had it, and thusly that the tantrums of others were unwarranted (they were–no league cup loss is worth any tantrum, or any decision to go from Wenger supporter to not, but that’s another story for another day).

On Wenger, certainly if I knew more about tactics in those days or had a more sophisticated view on tactics I wouldn’t’ve been so gung ho in favour of him, but I didn’t, and tbf even those who did, I think, were still on the fence with him or supporting him through much of 13-14.

I’ve neither watched the game nor studied the lineup. But what was wrong with the lineup?