Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough (Premier League)

No santi is so obvious. Not enough midfield control…

Mustafi gone down… looks fucked

Edit: he’s fine!

1 Like

November only round the corner as well of course mustafi gets injured

Elneny was excellent as the distributor.
Some of the balls would make Xhaka nervous.

1 Like

The harsh reality is all the same old flaws are evident for everyone to see, its just another season of battling for top 4 before anyone gets to excited.

Alexis has been completely shit bar his freekick, Theo’s gone back to being Theo, even Ozil’s been passing to the opposition. Elneny and Coq don’t have many ideas. We miss Sanit badly.

What happened to Match Day CHAT???

Nothing great can happen against clubs who sit deep.
Has to rely on luck and individual magic

Yep, had a tidy first half. More than welcome to help close stuff down in pockets of the pitch too.

Özil looks a bit haggard, Walcott smothered as soon as he opens himself up and Alexis dropping deep often to try and create. Seen this many times before but we’ll have to take our chances a lot better in the second half to get something from this game.

Wouldn’t really agree, actually agree with @Trion that Elneny has been really impressive.

Had total control of the game, tbh, in fact I think it’s been a pretty decent performance, just haven’t been able to do much in the final third, partly because Middlesborough are well organised and it can happen in these kind of games, especially in the first half before a bit of fatigue starts to creep in, and partly because Alexis and Theo haven’t been accurate/spot on with their passing.

Koscielny’s error gave them a bit of momentum and belief I think, but really the fact that they have a lot more shots and clearly the better chances is misleading. The performance has been good enough, and if we can avoid making the first error I’m sure the breakthrough will come, though adding Lucas in there maybe for Iwobi to have another forward in the middle could help if we still haven’t found a breakthrough come min 70 or so.

NBCSports dumb commentators been really pissing me off with how the “shots tell the whole story really” and just being typical idiot commentators in general.

3 Likes

Not a good half for the Arsenal. Created little and contrived to almost allow 2 goals… fortunate to be level atm.

In fairness Boro have had the best 2 or 3 chances to score.

Oh don’t you start, FFS! No game is easy in the P.L.

Yep… easily the best 2 chances and a FK that hit the upright… we need to do more creation/interchange in the final third. Boro are sitting deep, but we were all over them until we started to lose composure a little bit.

Anyone victim to this ridiculous ‘goal rush’ feature.
I swear they took out 20% of Arsenal match and for instances where goal was not created as well.

C’mon Arsenal! Get it done!
Unlucky Kos!
We have started well this second half.
Fucking great save by Valdes on Sanchez. Hope it is not one of those days.

Monreal having another 'mare

Well done Hector.
That Traore guy is causing us problems. Great save by Cech.
DA BOSS! What a block!

This is when giroud would offer something.

Mustafi was a bit lucky to not get a red then, no?

Fuck off! Alexis should have scored.