Arsenal Vs FC Köln (Europa League)

There are only a few here, in the stadium, Twitter, wherever that are that reactionary that they say shit like supporting the team is what is holding us back. I’m one of Wengers biggest critics here but I’ve never said anything remotely like that because, quite frankly, it’s clearly nowhere near being true and I really don’t see how anyone could think that it is.

It’s equally ridiculous to say that actually supporting the team has become somehow taboo. The support seemed just fine at the FA cup final to me.

A report from a Cologne fan who had a ticket in the Arsenal end.

"It began to sink in what a huge moment this was. Honestly, there were moments when none of us thought we’d be playing a team like Arsenal ever again.

“I have to say it was very easy to get in. All that happened was a very quick look inside any bags. Nobody seemed to check whether anyone was a Cologne fan—and it was pretty obvious anyway, as the people around me were all wearing club T-shirts and scarves! In Bundesliga, we are checked more thoroughly for a regular game than we were at Arsenal.”

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lol! We have become their arch rivals.

They have apologised to Arsenal

1 Like

I honestly don’t want to argue and the tone is honestly horrible so I’m sorry (truely) but won’t take this further. Hold my hands up and say im wrong and leave it at that buddy.

Exactly if I’m considered one of the most negative fans going around ( which I think is more realism when you actually look at my predictions & premier league results) anyways you wouldn’t know my negativity if you saw me for 90 mins at a match… I gotta say it’s different when I watching on TV though :joy:

1 Like

Well I’ll take a large share of the responsibility for the tone. Happy to leave it be at this stage

Clearly Arsenal ‘locked the stable doors…’ etc. here regarding the Red Member ban. Although a good idea in principle, I fail to see how it can be implemented fairly.

A lot of Cologne were in there having offered silly money to (silly) Arsenal fans for cards / paper tickets (in the case of ticket fast) so again, not sure what you can do about that? Implement fingerprint ID? I hope not as that would put me and countless other credit farmers in a spot of bother :grin:

Should Arsenal stewards have taken a stronger line on blocking Cologne fans entering the home sections? Yes, but easy enough said the day after. More support from the Met Police should’ve been drafted in the moment they get intel on huge numbers gathering in the tourist areas of London they always congregate in pre-match.

Arsenal should offer far more than 2,900 tickets but there are UEFA guidelines here (so i’m told), our hands are tied. The main criticism should go to each individual Cologne fan who then (en masse) decides it’s cool to bust their way into the stadium rather than just enjoy the trip to tourist London and watch it in pubs that way. Or not even bother travelling. There’s nothing hardcore about this, it’s just nonsensical. And yet, it worked for them last night, as they (lots of them) got into the ground, which is a shame

Yes they made it a great spectacle, yes the sight of European fans jumping up and down in unison shouting unintelligible phrases in that weirdly European-fan-baritone-voice-thing-they-do looks good, but a lot of people felt unsafe in that stadium last night and it’s pretty remarkable there wasn’t any real violence or incident (that we yet know of)

6 Likes

My poor articulation, my responsibility; thanks for leaving it there. x

LUTSCHER! Ein Spiel in Europa und wir sind bekannter als ihr! :slight_smile: dummer trottel!

This game was just pure football! i´m so proud of our support! Game result in singing minutes Arsenal vs Cologne 1:90+30 !

Pure emotions at cologne side! Had just 2 days of friendly party! i met so many nice english guys, get a birthday song in a real traditional small pub from my new english friends! will see them in cologne in november! than they´ll be my guest! so friendly, so funny! this complete day was everything you need in football
the longtime arsenal member i met were mostly jealous of our atmosphere, they tell there sons, that all they just see is everything what makes football so important! it was the best day in my life, this game means the world to me…i´m just singing all time …“wir spielen wieder im europapokal!” hoped this would never end!

as i came back on friday, i was dissapointed that everything i read in press was about riots and consequences…wtf? 20000 cologne were friendly and do there party! i did so many things to get my ticket, asked so many people, i did nothing else than searching this ticket…never wanted to missed that…i would be in bad mood for months…this club is huge part of my life! i was there had the best day in my life and will be happy about that for all time of my life!

the few guys who wanted to go in at the entrence…where just confused! it´s really wrong what they did, no discussion. but arsenal could prevent this…this ticket sale was a bad joke…in another thread for some weeks i wrote, that they should think about if they want to have 15000 happy cologen fans making party inside the ground, or if they want 10000 on the streets while the game runs… it were only 50…at every “Oktoberfest” are more riots per day! that´s just discusting, 1-2 littel things change a complete game… had arsenal say, we give cologne all open cards for sectors 116 -127, you wouldn´t have just one riot!

just watch the vidoes on twitter or whereever, this is just pure love for the game and the club!
like it was in england for 30 years…i do met a lot of guys, who wished this time back and said thanks for bringing this back to libary highbary :slight_smile: cheers mates! DER FC KÖLN IST WIEDER DA! :slight_smile:

the video just shows huge emotional love! just happy that we could sing, jump and going crazy for our club

8 Likes

Sounds like you had fun @Helge Pleased for you. :slight_smile:

Also, well done to you and your fellow support for doing something unprecedented. Injecting some atmosphere into that bowl known as “Emirates Stadium”. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

also thanks for introducing me to the word ‘Europapokal’ :laughing: which now officially replaces Europa league for all eternity

To be fair I have yet to read any substantiated reports of how any fans got inside the concourse without a ticket, anyone who’s been to the ground on a matchday will appreciate how difficult a task this must be for 1 person, let alone dozens or hundreds

2 Likes

Tweets and Videos like this: https://youtu.be/fXw4EFTC49A .? Or https://twitter.com/Peston/status/908414544111947776 .? :wink:

Open cards for sectors 116 -127.?!
Cologne and Arsenal told you not to come without tickets. Nevertheless you did. . .
Home area ist home area and that’s what you have to accept. But you think you’re something better. Go home ass-kisser.

Leverkusen & Cologne be beefin’ :open_mouth:

2 Likes

could someone bann this idiot pls! wtf is he thinking! this idiot has nothing to do with this thread! his plsatic club doesn´t play international!
all he said is wrong!
if leverkusen had played at emirates at thursday, you just would had have silence at the ground…and i think the away sector wouldn´t filled up…such a plastic club! more cologne supportes in london than leverkusen has at a homegame vs bayern munich :))

last time i replyed something from him…just wanna talk to englsih guys! cheers

if something is that important like this game was for all of us, you always find a way! i´d know how i would feel if i missed that game! so this pushes me to do nothing else than searching a way into the ground! i think i wasn´t alone wit that :slight_smile:

Fuck yeah. Ya know what I’ve been thinking? This forum needs some good old fashioned Leverkusen vs Koln German on German crime. Yasssss

1 Like

but much better question is, where have the season ticket holder of afc been? insteed of asking where we have the tickets :wink: