Arsenal Vs FC Köln (Europa League)

UEFA Europa League Group Stage
Matchday 1
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Emirates Stadium
KO: 20:05
LIVE on image

Well here we go our first Europa League match since May 2000! Who’s excited?! :sunglasses:

With our defeat to Chelsea coming up 48 hours later I imagine Wenger will do a mass rotate.

• Arsenal
  • Draw
  • FC Köln

0 voters

So excited for it! I truly want a big thrashing, as Koln have started the season bad. Still 0 points in the league for them after 3 weeks.

Ospina

Holding Mustafi Monreal

Bellerin Elneny Xhaka Kolasinac

Nelsson Welbeck

Giroud

Bench: Cech, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette

The Podolski Derby!! :poldi:

1 Like

Urgh

Thursday is date night.

There was a reason Thursday is date night.

Ah well.

1 Like

Honestly I couldn’t give a dam about this. Just don’t have time on Thursday night for football ffs. Still, we should win this one comfortably.

Looking forward to this actually. Curious to see which team we’ll put out. Don’t think it will be a hammering. 2-0 or 3-1 win.

1 Like

Hope we put out some youngsters, need to be ready to bend over for Chelsea with our starting XI

1 Like

I was waiting for your prediction :laca:

Thursday is get paid extra for working late night for me. I’ll watch this one as I’m on holiday but after that, I’m taking 3 times the cash over the EL.

4 Likes

Does some super important shit that I’m too old to appreciate go down on Thursdays that it’s actually worth while paying someone triple to be there to write about? :slight_smile:

Nope, nothing important in the slightest. But it’s press day for weekly magazines. And as a freelancer they ask me really nicely to stay late. Three times my rate you say? Sure. :sunglasses:

1 Like

These fucks have more money than sense. Good for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will be in Las Vegas for this so probably won’t be watching it

3 Likes

Working so can’t watch it, but I do know it will be infinitely more enjoyable than the 90 minutes st Stamford Bridge on the Sunday

3 Likes

Iwobi and Wilshere please :fire:

1 Like

I am bizarrely looking forward to this, I think purely because it’s something different to our usual CL campaign. Don’t expect the slight excitement to last much beyond the first game though, I’ll probably come to my senses and realise there’s nothing particularly exciting about it lol

5 Likes

I’m excited for it in the same way I’m excited for a CL qualifying game against Udinese or Besiktas

2 Likes

I’m excited for it because it’s a competition we could win, but the reality of a completely pointless group stage will probably hit soon enough.

I just hope we rampage and get 3 wins in 3 then play some young players.

2 Likes

And Nelson for me!

Ospina
Chambers-Mustafi-Kolasinac
AMN-Elneny-Wilshere-Iwobi
Nelson-Giroud-Alexis

Köln are a respectable team for me (thanks to Pod) so I might watch this. Keep enough first team players fit for the Chelsea game and give th fringe some much needed minutes.