Arsenal vs FC Bayern Munich (UCL 1st K/O Round 2nd Leg)

So? Their style of play is just dire and god damn awful to watch. They are lucky the league is shit this season.

Arteta and Rozza. :santi:

Throwback to Bellerin>Oezil goal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Canā€™t see it happening but hopefully we switch to a 4-3-3, something like this maybe

9 Likes

Iā€™d love to see us approach the game with something like this, a lot of energy in midfield with enough up top to snatch a goal.

Stick Elneny next to Xhaka and thats set up perfectly for the counter. If Giroud starts itā€™ll hamper our counter attack immensely.

1 Like

Cazorla Rosicky and arteta in midfield stomps whatever we put out tomorrow.

6 Likes

Hahahahaha yeah I forgot Ɩzil oops :joy:

Wheres all this Ozil out wide business come from?

1 Like

Yeah because Ɩzil on the wing has worked out so well before, letā€™s do it in the most important game of our season so far. :smirk:

But but but Ozil played on the wing for Germany itā€™s it must be applicable at club level :expressionless:

1 Like

Mostly to play 3 in the middle Iā€™d imagine as weā€™re likely not going to have a lot of possession anyway and can barely hold our ground in that area in recent games.

Not that Iā€™m really going to suggest so myself but we will need something new or different in a game like this.

A win or A narrow defeat with an away goal or a score drawā€¦

I think the tie will be over in first 30 mins. They will start fast and score 3 in first 30 mins when our defenders are sleepingā€¦ we will score one around 60th minā€¦ only for them to score in next minute.

We will go all attack after 65 mins and they will score another 2.

6-1 to Bayern

So no draw?

I predict a Bayern winā€¦ but I should just enjoy the game itself and not thinking who win who lose.

Where do you get this? Bayern have struggled to score since the winter break and only achieved narrow wins or draws, never playing convincing. Last games were Ingolstadt 2-0 (both goals in stoppage time), 1-0 Wolfsburg, 1-1 Schalke, 2-1 Bremen, 2-1 Freiburg.
Even with our mindless meandering midfield weā€™re better than all those teams, so why do you expect a massive Bayern victory out of nowhere? I mean, thatā€™s surely what they are hoping for. Their more critical fans are shocked at how quickly their quality of play has deteriorated under Ancelotti and are already questioning his appointment. The more optimistic ones pray that the team will find a switch to up the ante, that Carlo really is a ā€œtournament coachā€, whoā€™s winning the crucial things.

Ribery is out injured, MĆ¼ller is so out of form, itā€™s not even funny (3 goals in 18 games), Costa is comparable to Ramsey in his fall from his best season to now, Coman was injured the whole season and has hardly played, and even Robben looked a little off in the last few games. Only Lewandowski is playing to his standards, so it is really hard to see, where all those goals should be coming from.
No way this will be a beating. Either a narrow (!) win for them, or a really good result for us.

Weā€™re the most charitable club going, we habitually help poorly performing sides get their form back on track :grin:

3 Likes

Drop Ozil for Iwobi and itā€™s ok.

Come on weā€™re definitely winning this one. Life breathed back into the club, Wenger a tactical genius with 23% possession, Ozil MOTM, the sky is blue again, the title is within reach.

And then a 1-5 loss in the return leg.

4 Likes

And there was me thinking the banter era was behind us.

:smile: