Arsenal Vs FC Basel (CL)

He has picked a winning team.
That’s exactly how it should be.

If we are winning comfortably, then maybe bring on Perez or Chamberlain.

Agreed.

2 Likes

I’m a bit worried about Santi’s workload but he seems to be out of Spain’s plan at this stage in his career so he’ll get a break soon.

Balanta plays for them!! FM Legend :heart:

1 Like

They are gonna park the fucking bus, lol!

We’ll see if Xhaka really plays as a third CB. They usually play 4-2-3-1 from what I can tell.

Kinda hoping to see Lucas start but fair enough, Basel shouldn’t be underestimated.

MDC open :slight_smile: http://mdc.onlinearsenal.com/

Their back line just about fits on that graphic

2 Likes

It is typical Wenger to play the same eleven players all the time unless he can’t anymore.

1 Like

Yeah might have been worth giving Lucas and Gibbs minutes, but there you go.

We are really setting the tone, aren’t we? It has been time, i think 2010, since we played so well. Walcott has been such a difference for us. Who would have never thought of this? :smiley:

1 Like

Comfortable.

Second half handbrake to save energy for Sunday.

1 Like

Brilliant first half, got a bit disinterested in the second but were never threatened.

We should have had 5 but I’m not worried about the finishing. Alexis is a good finisher and the goals will go in with him. Creating chances is the important thing.

Bring on Burnley.

2 Likes

Really should’ve been like 7-0, that they’d play such a high defense line vs. such fast players as Sanchez, Theo and Bellerin is a massive mistake since we’re at home and will have possession most of the time. Great game by their keeper though. Theo motm again for me I guess.

1 Like

Good win with brilliant football played in the first half but the 2nd half was boring as fuck.

1 Like

Missed most of that. Was at the bus stop in Finsbury Park when the first goal went in, could hear the roar from the stadium. Thought we looked decent enough in the second half.

2 Likes

We were amazing for the first hour then we were just good. Its a disappointment rather than a criticism that we didnt score more tonight. That feels like an improvement. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our tails are up and confidence is high at the moment, the comfortable 2-0 win that I expected.

1 Like

Amazing performance first half, really carried over from the Chelsea game. Some simply beautiful football, that has been missing from us for so long. Second half was total cruise mode and a bit of a bore. The only downside is not being ruthless enough and scoring more. Two goals doesn’t even come close to showing how dominant and easy it was tonight.

We could’ve had 5 or 6 goals. God knows how Alexis didn’t get on the sheet. Theo is on fire and I really hope he keeps it up. Just hope he avoids injury as that’s always the thing that messes his momemtum up.

Overall, very comfortable night for the Gunners.

2 Likes