Arsenal Vs Doncaster Rovers (Carabao Cup 3rd Round)

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/910135035818397696

Giving Doncaster the same respect as Cologne. I’d rather see some of the younger ones involved tbh.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with giving Holding Chambers Wilshere etc. game time. I think Wilshere could become important when the injuries start rolling in.

1 Like

Ospina

Niles chambers Per Holding Da Silva

Wilshere Elneny

Walcott Giroud Alexis/iwobi

Yeah I’ve got no problem with Wilshere and Holding etc playing. It’s good to have some experience in there as I’d quite like for us to take the competition seriously. But given the opposition I think we’d be fine allowing for a balance between youth and experience. If we’re putting out a similar team to what we had against Cologne then that will not be the case – in that game, aside from AMN the rest of our starting 11 already get regular first team football.

Isnt he the first in that queue. Depending on wilshere for injury crisis is like depending on a croc to look after your toddler, incredibly bad idea!

1 Like

I’m sure Nelson will feature as well, and maybe Willock but aside from those three do we have any decent players worth giving time to?

4-3-3 FFS, what’s the point in starting with the 3-4-3 against a team that is going to park the bus only to realise that we need to make a sub at half time?

Chambers Holding Mertesacker Da Silva
AMN-Elneny-Jack
Walcott-Nelson
Nketiah

2 Likes

Based on the intel from jb I think that could be the XI there @AbouCuellar

I’d be tempted to go even lighter at home to an out of form League One side and start with Willock over wally Walcott but I guess he needs the minutes to keep some degree of sharpness

The problem for the likes of McGuane in his position is that he will struggle to get any time at all over Holding/Chambers, whereas a full back like da Silva has a clearer path to some first team minutes

1 Like

I am fine with it. Just fucking play Nelson FFS! The guy is one level above most ouf reserves.

Who’s jb?

And McGuane is a 6, not a CB, unless they’ve converted him and I didn’t see it? (haven’t followed the youths so far this season)

Willock needs to be played in the position he’s converted to–8--don’t see the point otherwise. Realised I forgot about Jeff, though, in my XI…really don’t get why he isn’t on fucking loan. Doubt Wenger will sit Elneny for Jeff.

Jb is jeorge bird. McGuane has actually been playing centre back for the Prem 2 side so far this season since Bielik’s injury

1 Like

No Jeff in pre-season feels like his Arsenal career might tail off if he can’t prove himself at youth level.

:joy::joy:

6 Likes

Match day!..

1 Like

Oh yeah!

Want to win! C’mon Arsenal!

1 Like

No coverage of the League Cup in Australia on any of our pay tv channels this year :eyes:

Don’t worry, the way it’s going they’ll probably stage the draw and a few matches there next season.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And then make us play on ‘Friday night football’

1 Like